exhaust manifold

iceberg319

vvti, what?
Apr 6, 2005
NJ
www.cardomain.com
if its possible to make.....would a log-type manifold flow better than the stock exhaust manifold? i kno this wouldnt be for stock ct but more for ppl with sp61gts or the boss turbos

just a thought

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
didnt know anyone made log style manifolds for... well anything other than hondas :):) i say the 7m cast will fare much better than any log style every log i have seen cracked right away

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Really? Ive never seen a log manifold crack. I've toyed with the idea of making one but decided that if i was going to go with a bigger turbo, might as well just buy a $200 ebay tubular.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
This has been done. John Lunsford made one years back... I seem to recall he was going to mass produce and sell them, but I don't think it ever happened.

Of course, back then there wasn't anything that would bolt onto it other than upgraded CTs.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
The 7m casting is pretty good for flow. There are quite a few gains to be made by porting it, but a log style would be a down grade from a flow and dynamics standpoint...
Hi grim ;)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
my BIGGEST problem with the exhaust manifold is that the stud holes protrude INTO the manifold on the inside... have you ever looked? they just kinda "spike" right into the path... i would port them out but im scared of it cracking there...

when i attend school for welding next year im going to make a SS manifold to bolt onto the ct-26. either a long runner or a short style...