Exhaust manifold

colpire

Dec 22, 2009
Pa
Hey guys. So Ive been looking around for a exhaust manifold and for a while I've been set on buying it from MTR. Even though 1k is expensive...but just recently I have found what seems to be a decent manifold. A little bit thicker than normal and seems pretty nice. I was wondering if any of you have seen it or heard about it. Is it as good as i think or should i just go with MTR. I know these guys make some pretty good stuff...i just dont know where this manifold came from. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

http://nozzs.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_13&products_id=47

-Avi

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
that site just looks like super high prices for ebay quality parts, at least for the intake and exhaust manifolds I see.

colpire

Dec 22, 2009
Pa
Im gonna buy it. I might as well try it. I doubt any cracking will happen *knock on wood*. I plan on reinforcing it anyhow. I just think it'll save me a ton of money...1k for a mani kinda sets me back lol.

thanks for the input dylan ;P

colpire

Dec 22, 2009
Pa
Im gonna think about it. I mean they go for real cheap...if it does crack i can always just go to mtr. I gotta think about it.

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
nozzs sells a lot of crap on ebay. I got a 1j vvti manifold from them that needs lots of cleaning and the wastegate dump is facing the wrong way. that ones dump looks right.

but if youre going to have someone brace it it wouldn't be too much work. and they ship fast, got here in 3 days from thailand and wrapped in cool thai toyota newspaper ads haha

colpire

Dec 22, 2009
Pa
haha....My dad convinced to just buy the MTR one. Even though its expensive as fuck. There was one that I saw on suprastore.com but it says it has a 38mm flange for the waste-gate and I'm trying to go 50. It looks pretty quality...says its 2.6mm thick, TIG welded, 250 bucks. Here's the link http://www.suprastore.com/1jststsitut3.html

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
the pic shows an ebay manifold with bracing present.. anyhow, no one is saying you have to get the MTR one.

My suggestion would be to try to find a Drewgo manifold, though if that's not possible, then perhaps you'll have to go the more expensive route.

colpire

Dec 22, 2009
Pa
i might as well try it. I mean if it cracks I wont be too upset. Its cheap.

thanks guys.

colpire

Dec 22, 2009
Pa
yerp...thats what your gonna pay if you want a quality made piece. HKS manifold is like 1500 bucks.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mjsn1;1694966 said:
Wow
1k for a manifold.

Thats not really all that unreasonable for an engine without a significant market share... *if* it's done right.

And colpire, is that a Miata in your avatar picture? I thought I'd seen everything on a 4x4 chassis, apparently I was wrong...

colpire

Dec 22, 2009
Pa
lol yes it is indeed a Miata. lol I had to use it as my avatar...its just such a great pic.