exhaust flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

87supradude

living a country song
Jan 19, 2007
Salem, OR
Hey guys, I have a quick question.
I have an safr and 3 inch no cat exhuast on a very well running car. I am at a show right now and am wondering how can I make the exhuast pop a flame while revving? I'm tired of hearing srt4's reving and need to shut them up. Anyone know some quick settings for the safr to make it do this?
I know, stupid but what the f!ck, its getting a full rebiuld in the next 1000 miles. Thanx if you can help.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
mkIIIman089 said:
So are you from Germany... or just some loser who joined the military or something?

...Are you implying the military is just for losers? If so, wow. What Patriotism:nono:

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Don't some guys install a spark plug into the tail pipe? When you rev, and blow off to atmosphere, it should spew lots of unburnt gas is you're running a stock or lexus air meter, but you'll likely need a spark to ignite it reliably. Might blow up your muffler though :)

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
starscream5000 said:
I've heard of that too, I always thought they had a seperate fuel line plumbed into the exhaust and had to flip a switch to put the gas into it?...

No the kit you are talking about what it does is disables the last spark plug on the firing order or something of this nature allowing unburned gas to enter the exhaust, after building up enuff the spark is given to the spark plug on the exhaust and it ignites it.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I've seen a few, and I specifically remember one guy, who does my tatoos, telling me that he had fuel being put into the exhaust somehow and ignited via the spark plug. He said when the plug gets hot enough from the exhaust, it'll preignite the fuel :dunno:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
jetjock said:
http://tinyurl.com/3bg7je
As for the military he's right, at least among the lower enlisted ranks these days. Do the research and you'll see.

Since this post is doomed to locking.....

LOL, you can't beat the research I've done. You know your stuff when it comes to automotive work, but as always, when it comes to the military, you're nothing more than an elitist self righteous prick.

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
Flame kits are lame..... shooting flames out of your pipes without a kit can be neat but I wouldnt try and do it at a show to show up the other cars....just leave and shake your head at them.

And the comment about the military......thats like stereotyping all people of a certain race or religion :nuts:

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
rakkasan said:
Since this post is doomed to locking.....

The prosecution rests.

Kill the messenger all you want. I'm just telling you what the research shows. Your subjective "research" means nothing.
Not to say their service should be demeaned because of from where they come but that doesn't change the facts. Oh, and fuck you very much....

87supradude

living a country song
Jan 19, 2007
Salem, OR
Well I tried the over rich thing from 3000 to 4500 but that was a nogo. Then I pulled feul at 4300 to see if a lean spike would ignite it but also a nogo. Whatever, I just went to another side of the show. Thanx guys, for the input, I have heard of the spark plug trick (fairly common and simple) but I've also heard of the feul controller doing it on de-catted cars. It was worth a try though.
I am deploying very soon and will have about 10000 to sink on the car so blowing the motor is trivial, but hey, its not your motor right starscream? LOL.
This show goes tomorrow as well. If anyone can help that would be realy fun, thanx guys, and ill check back soon.
Hey mkiiiman, I hope that was sarchasm, remember its the soldiers that give you the right to be ignorant. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.