Ex MK3 owner...

Imprezademics

Life Is Good!
Mar 16, 2007
The First State
Hey everyone, Im sort of new to this forum. I used to come here all the time about 5 years ago (under a different username which i dont remember) when i had my 91 Supra Turbo. I regret ever selling it but that damn 7m was a pain in my you know what. The car itself was in great shape but i was always worried on what would go next as far as that 7m is concerned. I now have a 2000 Impreza 2.5 RS with a 2004 WRX engine swap. I completely love this car but hope to some day get another MK3 Supra Turbo. Till then i'll just be visiting the forum to see whats going on in the Mk3 Supra world. Here are some pics of the car back when i had it. Sorry for the small pics, minus last one...

Mods/Upgrades were... JDM 7mgte, K&N FIPK, 3" Random Technology Downpipe, 3" Custom HKS Hiper Exhaust, Fluidyne Radiator, NGK Plugs and Wires, Goodridge SS Brake Lines, ARP Headbolts and then i sold her. lol!
p552265_1.jpg

p552265_2.bmp

p552265_3.jpg

p552265_4.jpg

p552265_5.jpg

p552265_6.jpg

p552265_7.jpg

Willie

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
Imprezademics said:
Click on my Signature. You should be able to view the pics. My sig has 3 different links to pics of my car. and an exhaust clip of my car.

Willie
looks great. the swap looks factory... except, where is your turbo heat shield (heat soak!!) and the cover that goes over all the belts?

Imprezademics

Life Is Good!
Mar 16, 2007
The First State
SupraDreamPDR said:
looks great. the swap looks factory... except, where is your turbo heat shield (heat soak!!) and the cover that goes over all the belts?

lol! What you know about Ej205's? The heatsheild was not put on for whatever reason. A lot of turbo guys dont use it for some reason. I may get the COBB or Cusco heatshield when i upgrade the turbo. The Alternator cover belt i have but i need to find the bolt and the screw that holds it down. Anyway, good eye... and really... how do you know so much about WRX engines?

Willie

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
Imprezademics said:
lol! What you know about Ej205's? The heatsheild was not put on for whatever reason. A lot of turbo guys dont use it for some reason. I may get the COBB or Cusco heatshield when i upgrade the turbo. The Alternator cover belt i have but i need to find the bolt and the screw that holds it down. Anyway, good eye... and really... how do you know so much about WRX engines?

Willie
forgot about this thread, sorry. anywho, i used to own a TXS Stage 3 '02 WRX... first with the Unichip and then with the UTEC. Also, you need that turbo heat shield, 'cause without out it, that tiny stock TMIC is getting heat soaked quickly. Also, do you have the STI bigger hood scoop or you stock RS one? If you still have the stock one, then you need to upgrade it too. If you have any modding questions, then feel free to ask me and ill try to help.
Ninja EDIT: I cant tell in the pictures if you have an STi scoop or not, not much experience with the GC8 body. Also, the EJ20 really, really comes alive with the help of engine management, look at UTEC (from TurboXS) or Cobb AccessPORT (from Cobb). Also, the car really needs a turboback exhaust (bellmouth design downpip too) and the uppipe replaced (stock has cat. in it and if you raise the boost, the cat. will break apart and the turbo will eat it). And dont waste your money on a CAI or short ram intake, the EJ20 doesnt respond well to it (i had both the MRT CAI and the TXS short ram intake), just drop a K&N filter in the stock box and remove the snorkle.

Last edited:

Imprezademics

Life Is Good!
Mar 16, 2007
The First State
I have the stock hoodscoop which is as tall if not a bit taller than the WRX hoodscoop... The STi hoodscoop wont fit my hood though they make some for my hood but look rediculous. I do have a turboback exhaust (3" Stromung Dual tip.) I also have the stock STi up-pipe and the UTEC i just need to have them installed. Well i can do the up-pipe ive just been lazy... and ive heard about the CAI being crap on the EJ205's unless you're making some serious power. I'll have to see if they took the snorkle off or not. Thanks and i'll keep you in mind if i have any questions.

Willie

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
I miss my mkiii too... I'm right there with you on all the things that could/would go wrong with the 7m... I felt like I replaced everything on my car before I sold it. But I had to get a car that was reliable for college so I sold it for a 00 integra gs-r... I'll have another on someday and it will be white again.