Ever try a smaller radiator?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
considering those top fuel dragster and funny car engines are torn down all the time for rebuilds certainly doesn't hurt...

no cooling = dead engine

TealMetallicDream

Team Dragst@ Member
Jan 3, 2006
Detroit
Slow66 said:
:evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

I have this one with a 14x17 core, and it's probably gonna be more than i need for the drag car...
gri-2-25135-x_w.jpg

If there is any chance of it being driven on the street, i do not think its a good idea to go with anything smaller than stock for sure.....
yeah, but your also only running coolant through your head right? Im just gann figure some way to mount the stock size intercooler.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
i ran a scirroco (drag race) form factor rad for a few years. it sucked. the A70 NEEDS a big rad. if it was a drag-only you'd be fine....but forget it if you're going to be driving around at all.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
drjonez said:
i ran a scirroco (drag race) form factor rad for a few years. it sucked. the A70 NEEDS a big rad. if it was a drag-only you'd be fine....but forget it if you're going to be driving around at all.

The good doctor has spoken.

drjonez:not to hijack this thread but, have you got another Supra yet?

TealMetallicDream

Team Dragst@ Member
Jan 3, 2006
Detroit
drjonez said:
Figured. U know if its tru that a brass radiator actualy dissipates heat better than aluminum?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
suprabad said:
...drjonez:not to hijack this thread but, have you got another Supra yet?

i've always had one.

what are you referring to?

TealMetallicDream said:
Figured. U know if its tru that a brass radiator actualy dissipates heat better than aluminum?

brass is a better conductor of heat, Al is lighter. not to mention brass/copper cores are typically soldered/brazed....Al has held the market for a variety of reasons, cost being number 1.

Ultra7M

Mar 31, 2005
Arizona
www.cardomain.com
drjonez said:

I ran a similar setup to drjonez. The radiator fit in between the front core supports. The fans needed to be on all the time to maintain temperature. I agree that drag-only you would be fine as well as highway cruising as long as you don't plan on hitting stop and go traffic. I did like how visible/accessible the front of the engine was, but proper cooling is more important. FWIW I now run a custom dual pass/crossflow radiator with no cooling issues.

radiator.jpg

Last edited: