Error code 34(turbo) and 52(knock sensor)..

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Hey,

So I reset the codes, went for a run, and then extracted codes from that run..

Got error code 34 and 52.

Error code 34:
Diagnosis: The turbocharger pressure is abnormal.
Trouble Area:
Turbocharger
Air flow meter
ECU
Intercooler system

I'm running a completely stock CT26, aftermarket intercooler pipes, apexi filter, and just got two new AFM's, as the last one was bad. Both AFM's seem the same when driving, so guess they are both ok.

This is what happens when I drive the car.. Turbo starting to boost a little, then car just stops acceleration, it's probably fuel cut? Happens at lower and higher RPMs..

52 is knock sensor right? How much can this problem cause during driving? Anything noticable?

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Error code 34 found..

turbo.jpg

ben1984j

Jan 18, 2009
Ft. Collins, CO
Yeah, code 52 is knock sensor (or more likely knock sensor wiring). Try re-wiring them before replacing the sensor; there's a good write-up on here that should be easy to find.

You will notice a moderate loss of power driving with this code set, since it causes the ECU to go into fail safe mode. The car is still drivable but it should be fixed as soon as possible.

Also, I would be looking elsewhere for the cause of your code 34; fuel cut is determined by the amount of airflow past the AFM, and if anything you'd be flowing less air with that damaged turbo...maybe you have a boost leak...

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
That turbo needs replaced asap! Code 34 is most likely a boost leak, probably in your lower intercooler piping caused by whatever went through that turbo...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
34 is probably a boost leak, though that turbo is done for. Get that fixed.

Code 52 will retard the timing and enrich fuel mixture. It's an electrical problem with the knock sensor circuit and is generally an easy fix. The 52 will make your car hog gas and sluggish/hate boost. Definitely noticeable.

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
itscarlitos;1921299 said:
Can code 34 be caused by the pressure change dues to a divorced down pipe?

If your boost has raised as a result of a better flowing downpipe, then yes you may hit boost cut which would show a code 34.