Engine Light, and Stalling issue...

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
Well i am getting ready for smog, and i decided to seafoam the car. seafoam in the case, seafoam through vaccum and seafoam in the fuel tank. did the oil first, followed by an OC; no problem. Then did the vac, no problem, not even a misfire code. Then put it in a full tank of gas, and ran it for a few miles and now i got a code 21 (which is 02 sensor), and a code 51 (which is TPS or A/C Signal).

i'm still throwing only those two codes, check the tps adjustment it's good. the 02 sensor was said to be replaced last year by the previous owner. the wires and the sensor its self looks fair. do you think i should just finish up running this full tank with the sea foam in it and see if the codes go away? anyone have this experience before? could a code 21 throw a code 51 as well?

now for the second issue that it just starting doing yesterday. when i come to a complete stop, not a hard stop just gradual/normal everyday stop to a light or stop sign. it dies out. i was thinking possibly the ISCV, but i can hear it 'clicking' and i also cleaned it up a bit and still didn't improve. could it also be because the TPS code is on?

ANY HELP would greatly be appreciated. and yes i tried the search, many times and many ways of wording it, couldn't find the info.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
^ :)

First, the Seafoam was a bad idea. Second, running the tank down is not going to make the codes go away. Third, the code 21 is not associated with the code 51. Fourth, the diagnostic system in this car doesn't detect misfire. Fifth, you don't have a chance in hell of passing smog with the car as is.

About the only good news I have for you is yes, the idle stalling could be (likely is) because of the TPS code...

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
jetjock;1200932 said:
^ :)

About the only good news I have for you is yes, the idle stalling could be (likely is) because of the TPS code...

idle STALLING?? Never run into this with 51? i would think a bad batch of gas is more likely then that.