Engine Hunting

GTUK

Apr 2, 2005
Essex, UK
Rennat;1114423 said:
the only 'advantage' to the VPC is that it deletes the stock AFM... i personally like SAFC's over VPC's only because of how much more tuning the SAFC2 has in it, and now the neo has like 32 different rpm settings?

and as far as the timing thing goes, you should check out the TSRM befor you dispute facts that i've put up.

FYI - under my hood, a 1990, it says 10BTDC WITH the connector jumped. if you actually go read my post i never say anything about the jumper...

GTUK - did you ever try to unplug the SFAC? and where is your wideband o2 placed in the exhaust stream?
Yes, it didn't make any difference. GOing to try putting the 440 chip back in the VPC later, see if that makes any difference, perhaps a bad chip?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
if you have the SAFC unhooked, the VPC with a 550 chip, and you have 550's in, then it 'should' be ok... whats your wideband say?

could always try the 440 chip and see if it changes.

GTUK

Apr 2, 2005
Essex, UK
Rennat;1114687 said:
if you have the SAFC unhooked, the VPC with a 550 chip, and you have 550's in, then it 'should' be ok... whats your wideband say?

could always try the 440 chip and see if it changes.
Going to try that when I get home from work, wideand reading around 1468, which I guess is 14.68%

GTUK

Apr 2, 2005
Essex, UK
Sorry I've not replied sooner, but this is now fixed!

Turned out the field harness was incorrectly wired, with the Karman Signal cable being sent to E2, effectively ground.

We hardwired the VPC into the ecu loom (once we'd worked the previous stuff out) and everything corrected itself, including no more Code31.

Thanks for all your help with this, appreciated.