Engine Harness Repin. Need help finding parts guys!!

FoxhoundsFinest

Apr 10, 2012
Arizona
Looking to rewire my 89 turbo harness and i have acquired all my materials with the exception of one. I am looking for all the female pins that are in the harness connectors that clip in and mate to the male pins on the ECU. Toyota dealers say they do not have part numbers. I would like to get started on it as soon as possible. If anyone knows of any part numbers or someone to contact in order to get these female pins I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

IMG_1410.jpg

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
It's not entirely true that there are no Toyota part numbers. You just have to dig into the wire harness repair pubs to find them, and most sales clerks are not trained for that.

There are two sizes, 1.8mm wide and 2.6mm. They also come in either gold plated or tin plated, and have a 160mm lead coming off of them.

Type 1.0(non-waterproof)-1.8mm
Gold-82998-12310
Tin--82998-12320

Type 1.8(non-waterproof)-2.6mm
Gold-82998-12190
Tin---82998-12300

I will tell you that these are not cheap. The usually run $3 to $6 a piece. Depending on how many you need it can be expensive.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I went through this to find the knock sensor pins, for the harness I just restored... it was a pita, but I managed to find them.

You can cross reference the part numbers and somtimes you get some results. Toyota seemed to use a lot of Sumitomo, Yazaki, and AMP connectors. If you do some searching you can find pins for those connectors. I think the pre-89 ECU connectors were from AMP, not sure on the 89 and up though.

Do the pins have any wings on the other side?

Can you post a photo of the connector it self?