embarassment

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
lol

so i was drivng with my gf today, and we were waiting at a light to get onto the freeway. From the light its a left turn onto the freeway and both lanes can turn left. well i was in the right lane and a golf rolled up in the left one. I wasn't gunna race it, i was tired and im sick, i was just gunna let it roll by. But as it did i noticed it was my buddy nick. So i was like "hey thats nick" as i reached for the etc power button. Going around the corner i hit it a little too hard. I broke loose a little and ended up in between the two lanes. I overcorrected and started going towards the ditch on the right, then i overcorrected leftwase and did a complete 180.

my tires are kinda bald, but dang. LOL maybe its because ive only had it for a month and its my first rear wheel drive car. I wasnt even worrind about me or my gf. I was just thinking. .... this better not mess up my car.!!

any advice so i dont look like a retard again??

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Learn how to drive?...I don't mean to sound too much like a dick but if you are doing 180's merging onto the highway you don't really know what you are doing. I would suggest enrolling in a driver training course at a local race track. The skills you will learn are aplicable to everyday driving and will make you safer/ more aware. I fully intend to enroll myself as soon as I have the time/cash. Until then...slow down and drive within your limits.

EDIT: and why is this in the racing section?

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
So where was the race? This "is" a racing section. If it was "around the corner" then you need to learn how to race and where to do it. :3d_frown:

Duane

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
hah. new rear tires and u'll be good.

and for not having much cash? u can usually buy a cheap set of decent used ones at a used tire place for under $100 for 2 tires. look around. u dont have to buy pirellis or the top of line nitto's.

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
the race wasn't around the conrner.. i was going to race him once i got onto the freeway which was around the corner..... apparently i took the corner too quickly...dang ur a hateful little guy arent you..

I figured since the 180 happened while trying to catch and RACE this golf, it counted as racing. But, if trying to race a golf doesn't count as racing than i guess ur right.

yeah my tires are incredibly bald. you know how ur suposed to check with a penny, well the rear tires are barely half way up lincolns shoulders and the front ones are even worse.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
i have done the same thing. the first night i had my car, a pos 4dr something pulled next to me at a light. he wanted to race, so i told him i would give him a head start of a few cars. i am glad i did. first gear was fine, but as soon as i hit second, the car went sideways. i took my foot off the gas and it straightened out. scarred the shit out of me. since then i have learned how to drive a rwd car. don't worry, i am sure we have all lost control one time or another.

ever been to renegade? i am going this weekend. you should race your car there. it's addicting.

NA86.5

NA-T Complete Yo
Jan 20, 2006
Alice Tx
Since this is your first RWD I suggest taking the car to a autoX event and getting to know your car before you race again.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Get new tires and learn how to correct better. I do it all the time coming out of my neighborhood cuz, well it's fun. Go to an EMPTY parking lot and just do what you did before and try to correct the right way. I'm sure you panicked a little so you'll need to keep a cool head. Do what I did and put yourself into a situation where you think you'd lose control of the car and learn how to correct it. In the EMPTY parking lot of course.

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
lol thx..See how helpful you guys can be when you're nice..jk..

i havent taken it to renagade yet dunckel. Frankly im scared to race it because i dont want to break it. The whole HG thing worries me. So i saw your dad today, and he said your going to replace the hg so you can add more boost.... sounds fun.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
well, i am going tomorrow if you want to head down there. i am not racing tomorrow because i haven't done anything new to it in a while, so i don't want to take a chance on breaking it running the same times i did last year. let me know if you want to go. i think the gate opens at 5 or 6.