Emanage wiring question

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
Ok guys im probably overthinking this one. Im bout to wire in my emanage ultimate this weekend. I have a SC300 with a soarer 1j.

Here is my question. Can I wire in all the wires and still have it run as stock untill I want to tune it. Or will I have to only wire in what i am gonna use right then and there like injectors and such.

Ive wired in safc's and BCC's and SCC's but those were kinda obvious on the wiring

di_rosa

never ending project ...
Apr 2, 2005
toronto
depends on if you want to just add fuel to the injectors......if you want to add/remove fuel, you have to interrupt them.........and if you want to pull/add timing, you have to interrupt the ignition as well (if i remember from when i had to jump a bunch of wires to diagnose a problem). i think those are the only wires, you can wire it up and not run, you just have to jump those 9 wires (3 injector, 6 ignition).

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Yes, you can wire it in and have it run like stock.

Your wiring, settings, and maps must be all correct. Injectors will be set at the same number on both sides. All maps will have zeros.

This gives you the oppurtunity to log the stock behavior, before you start making changes.

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
935motorsports;1047354 said:
Yes, you can wire it in and have it run like stock.

Your wiring, settings, and maps must be all correct. Injectors will be set at the same number on both sides. All maps will have zeros.

This gives you the oppurtunity to log the stock behavior, before you start making changes.
sorry to highjack the thread, but about the settings on the actual unit itself, how to i go about the 1jz settings since on the manual the closest thing to the 1jz is the 2jz but its the usdm one(maf)? do i just copy the honda settings since they use map sensors? i've been searching this info on sf and sm, but no one ever specified. thanks

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
slidingsidewayz;1049024 said:
sorry to highjack the thread, but about the settings on the actual unit itself, how to i go about the 1jz settings since on the manual the closest thing to the 1jz is the 2jz but its the usdm one(maf)? do i just copy the honda settings since they use map sensors? i've been searching this info on sf and sm, but no one ever specified. thanks

You just use the 2jz settings: 7,4,0

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
and another thing.. i know that the emange blue kit comes with a support tool that on one end is a serial port and on the other is a usb which connects to the emanage unit, but i was wondering if i could just but a usb cable on both ends from frys electronics. has anyone ever used an alternative support tool cable because i don't feel like spending $120 for a damm cable.. thanks

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
slidingsidewayz;1049737 said:
and another thing.. i know that the emange blue kit comes with a support tool that on one end is a serial port and on the other is a usb which connects to the emanage unit, but i was wondering if i could just but a usb cable on both ends from frys electronics. has anyone ever used an alternative support tool cable because i don't feel like spending $120 for a damm cable.. thanks

The emanage blue port uses TTL, so you need a cable which converts serial communication to TTL. Fortunately, you can get a USB to TTL board on ebay for ~$20 shipped. With some soldering skills, you can make it work for pretty cheap.

Not quite plug and play, but not too hard either.

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
Well Got it wired up and installed tonite. took it for a drive, runs great!!! now just gotta get my wideband and start doin some tuning