Emanage Ultimate 7MGE AFM Delete

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Some have been wondering if/how this works on emanage ultimate.

I recently set one up on a 5MGE, same idea, though the flapper voltage is a bit more narrow.

The ultimate has other issues I am working on, but the AFM delete seems to be working well.

After install, turn on the sample map. This lets you "watch" the AFM behavior vs either TPS position, greddy pressure sensor, or other 0-5 volt device like MAF, map sensor, etc. The advantage for MK3 owners is that you can plug in a MK3T boost sensor which is basically free and use that. The harness is already in the car on NAs over on the driver side. Just plug and play. The MK3T boost sensor will read up to 14 psi. Other options would be FORD / GM MAFS, GM Map sensor, etc, but would require custom wiring.

After you have spent time sampling, you can copy and paste the figures to the airflow output map.

Once enabled, the airflow output map puts out the values you entered. At this point the AFM is no longer in play. However, you must add an air temperature sensor to replace the stock one.

MAP sensor tuning can be kind of tricky on NA. If you made significant engine mods, you will have to "re-sample" the MAF since the MAP sensor will not understand extra air flow @ zero psi.

I don't have any pics but I just wanted to let you know that it is working so far.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
935motorsports;1016892 said:
Some have been wondering if/how this works on emanage ultimate.

I recently set one up on a 5MGE, same idea, though the flapper voltage is a bit more narrow.

The ultimate has other issues I am working on, but the AFM delete seems to be working well.

After install, turn on the sample map. This lets you "watch" the AFM behavior vs either TPS position, greddy pressure sensor, or other 0-5 volt device like MAF, map sensor, etc. The advantage for MK3 owners is that you can plug in a MK3T boost sensor which is basically free and use that. The harness is already in the car on NAs over on the driver side. Just plug and play. The MK3T boost sensor will read up to 14 psi. Other options would be FORD / GM MAFS, GM Map sensor, etc, but would require custom wiring.

After you have spent time sampling, you can copy and paste the figures to the airflow output map.

Once enabled, the airflow output map puts out the values you entered. At this point the AFM is no longer in play. However, you must add an air temperature sensor to replace the stock one.

MAP sensor tuning can be kind of tricky on NA. If you made significant engine mods, you will have to "re-sample" the MAF since the MAP sensor will not understand extra air flow @ zero psi.

I don't have any pics but I just wanted to let you know that it is working so far.
How does this compare with the Maft-Pro as far as price, being able to connect to a laptop, etc.? I have the Maft-Pro and you can monitor almost everything. Yes tuning can be tricky on a NA which means you have to be able to not only sample but tune, can this be done with the Emanage?

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
A MAFT Pro is is much cheaper then an Emanage Ultimate. I am not suggesting that an ultimate is any better. I am simply reporting that the AFM delete option does work.

I guess if you wanted, you could compare them side by side.

MAFT Pro $399
Used MAF and connector $30

Emanage Ultimate $499
Emanage Utlimate harness $99
Used MK3 boost sensor $0
Boost sensor input harness $25

Tuning is done via Voltage vs RPM in the airflow output map. There are compensation maps for water and air temperature. Updates can be made live via usb cable.

2nd tuning option is auto tune via wideband a/f input

Logging options : TPS, MAF/map in, airflow output, a/f, rpm, speed, timing, injector duty, injector duration

However, the MAFT Pro is proven to work well and the ultimate has some issuess, so its no comparison.

Last edited:

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
935motorsports;1017004 said:
A MAFT Pro is is much cheaper then an Emanage Ultimate. I am not suggesting that an ultimate is any better. I am simply reporting that the AFM delete option does work.

I guess if you wanted, you could compare them side by side.

MAFT Pro $399
Used MAF and connector $30

Emanage Ultimate $499
Emanage Utlimate harness $99
Used MK3 boost sensor $0
Boost sensor input harness $25

Tuning is done via Voltage vs RPM in the airflow output map. There are compensation maps for water and air temperature. Updates can be made live via usb cable.

2nd tuning option is auto tune via wideband a/f input

Logging options : TPS, MAF/map in, airflow output, a/f, rpm, speed, timing, injector duty, injector duration

However, the MAFT Pro is proven to work well and the ultimate has some issuess, so its no comparison.
Thanks for the explaination and comparison. I think there was a charge for the harness on the Maft-Pro, seems it was around $69, and the IAT sensor.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
You can log both a MAF AND MAP for tuning purposes on the MAFT Pro as well. Personally, I wouldn't do it with the stock AFM, too big of a difference when you do pull it... you'll be tweaking everything all over again. There are some other tuning tricks as well, but I'm not going to get into that.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
CRE;1064723 said:
You can log both a MAF AND MAP for tuning purposes on the MAFT Pro as well. Personally, I wouldn't do it with the stock AFM, too big of a difference when you do pull it... you'll be tweaking everything all over again. There are some other tuning tricks as well, but I'm not going to get into that.

I have found also that after you remove the AFM, you have to adjust the map to account for the fact that the flapper is not in the way.

You also have to account for the ISC. When cold, it is going to mess with the vacuum readings.

I am probably probably going to switch back to a GM or Toyota MAF since my stock engine can't really take advantage of the AFM delete. I have previously used the Supra TT MAF since it has an air temp sensor built in and looks OEM.