Eletrical Connectors!

NADude98

Apr 5, 2006
Terre Haute, IN
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,
I am working slowly on restoring a 87 Supra and at this time I don't want to buy a new wiring harness. I do some electronic repair so I am somewhat familiar with mouser.com. My question or thought has to do with the heat issue and damage to wiring and plugs over time. I know that mouser as well as other places have listing for automotive electrical plugs. However I do not have a clue of how to find what I need. With over 12,000 plugs to choose from...? It would be great if someone on here was familiar enough with finding that stuff could find plugs that fit the motor side of the engine wiring harness and create a list so sticky with them. I.E. the cps plug, o2 sensor plug, thermostat housing plugs, tps plug.. coil pack harness plug, etc... I'm referring to the harness side of the plugs. I'm pretty sure the plugs can be had. :naughty:

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
AMP makes most of the connectors. Technically they are alternatives and use a newer style terminal but the stock terminals will fit and lock in place with out issue. TE now owns AMP.

Summitomo made the harness for toyota. The problem is finding the connectors readily available from summitomo. Mouser or digikey sell the AMP/TE line ups. The CSI time switch connector is about a $1.30 http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...ha2pyFaduiiGHUAG/TWLoPOQvWzk/X%2bB3Kzkaab5Yw=

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Slightly off topic but i dont suppose mouser would have all the interior connectors and pins?