Egr

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
up here in wisconsin, we dont need emissions if your car is 95 and older. meaning obd1 cars dont need emissions.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
tyang82;1806224 said:
up here in wisconsin, we dont need emissions if your car is 95 and older. meaning obd1 cars dont need emissions.

Yes you do. Up there in Wisconsin, you don't have enforcement of the clean air act because there are more older cars than newer cars. The penalty (fine) for removing emission control equipment is quite steep. The catalytic converter being the steepest. Not that I care what you do with your car. I am just letting you know.

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/policies/civil/caa/mobile/vehicleengine-penalty-policy.pdf

I have even disabled emission (EGR) on a different car. Milage is neglible. In other words, not enough to tell. In theory, it goes up. You are removing the inert gas that displaces oxygen in the intake, raising combustion temps. Toyota programs this into the strategy to recover the lost performance. On the car I disabled, it was done through a "chip".

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
Yea, I'm gonna put it back on when my cylinder head is back from the shop. But I was just wondering how the gas is affected. But hearing that I'll need a jdm ecu, I'll never take it off in the future then.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
tyang82;1806247 said:
No emissions on obd1. I use to work at the emissions.

Still wrong. No enforcement of the standards is what you and many others have. Go ahead and take it off. Then tell me your address. And we will see if you don't have "emissions"

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
milwaukee, wisconsin . 53218 all cars that are 95 and older requires no emission and did i say i was gonna take it off? NO! I was asking a question about MPG only for the people who took it off. please look it up and tell me that if we have emissions for obd1. ill bet you anything

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
yes i know how the emissions work. ok no one uses it. so why would they sell stuff like that on web sites if its against the law?

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
You will see a disclaimer that whatever thing they are selling is for "off road use only". It is then up to you to use it in the prescribed manner. If you choose to use it on-road, then get caught, well that's your problem.

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
Once again it was only a question. Besides, did I say I was going to take it off? Thanks for your concerns though.