EGR deleted? Whats missing in this pic..

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
I'm trying to put my engine back together. Well, not me personally, but an auto mechanic with lots more experience than me. But he's not a 7m guru. And he was not the one who took it apart. So here is a picture of the rear of the intake manifold. There is a pipe coming out of the EGR valve that has a copper cover on it. The EGR is new. I bought it last year, and I can't remember if the copper cover came with the new one, or I took it off the old one. We know its suppose to tie into the intake manifold on the left, but there may have been a plate over that hole, because there is a plate that fits it in the box-o-parts. Can anyone send me a picture of what this is suppose to look like? The drawings in the manual are just too vague. All the before photos I have are from the front and side of the manifold. If someone has an engine that is out, but together, please send me a photo.

If this appears to be an instance where someone has deleted the EGR, then what do I do? It wasn't my intention to take out the EGR..

thanks!

IMG_0774.JPG

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
jetjock's pic should give you a good enough view there. The flange on 25601 bolts up to the intake manifold, rest should be easy enough to figure out from there.