EGR Block Off Plate Gasket

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
I'm currently going to delete the egr system on my new motor and was wondering who here makes a gasket for the plate in back of the head? Cause as of right now i'm using the plate and Hondabond HT cause my stone engine gasket set didn't come with that gasket. Would that be strong enough for boost? I would much rather run a metal plate gasket type like the T4 turbo gasket if anyone makes them. Thanks and any input would greatly be appreciated.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No one makes them that im aware of. Wouldnt come in a gasket kit either since japan blocks it at the manifold which would use the stock gasket.

Could try modifing the stock gasket.

jrot

Apr 11, 2010
knob noster, MO
i got a set of small block chevy header gaskets and cut my own out of that...that way i know they can take the heat ok...just a thought...worked well for me.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
hvyman;1695721 said:
No one makes them that im aware of. Wouldnt come in a gasket kit either since japan blocks it at the manifold which would use the stock gasket.

Could try modifing the stock gasket.

Actually you're wrong, Japan blocks it in back of the head like shown in the photo with a metal plate and OEM Gasket. I have a jdm 7mgte motor in my car now that has it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
joel903;1695799 said:
Actually you're wrong, Japan blocks it in back of the head like shown in the photo with a metal plate and OEM Gasket. I have a jdm 7mgte motor in my car now that has it.

Actually now that i think about it my old ge had it that way too. Buit that was years ago and still hard to find jdm gasket in the us.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Devin LeBlanc;1695944 said:
Black RTV will hold up fine

You sure about this one? Cause when i was a younger noob and used it on where the manifold meets the turbo it started leaking like crazy. Seeing as this gasket is only inches away from where the manifold meets the turbo it should see about the same amount of boost.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
We actually use Black RTV on our track car which sees glowing red exhaust manifolds after hot laps of drifting.. We use Black RTV to seal the Turbo Manifold to the head and it has never been a problem.. I don't know on that Honda stuff, But I know the permatex Black RTV sealant will be fine..

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Im going to add, If there is a gasket for it then get it, however in this case I would suggest using Black RTV.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Probably won't be able to get it here in the states. It's easy enough to get gasket material from an auto parts store though, just make sure it's for exhaust.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Devin LeBlanc;1695955 said:
We actually use Black RTV on our track car which sees glowing red exhaust manifolds after hot laps of drifting.. We use Black RTV to seal the Turbo Manifold to the head and it has never been a problem.. I don't know on that Honda stuff, But I know the permatex Black RTV sealant will be fine..

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

Im going to add, If there is a gasket for it then get it, however in this case I would suggest using Black RTV.

If thats the case with permatex, then i'm sure this hondabond ht will hold up fine then.

Thanks for the replies.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Rtv will eventually blow out or leak. It was never meant for the exhaust. ESP for a dd that has constant and consistent heat for long periods if time.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
jrot;1695736 said:
i got a set of small block chevy header gaskets and cut my own out of that...that way i know they can take the heat ok...just a thought...worked well for me.

I did the same thing.

joel903

Apr 6, 2005
Conover,NC
Which small block chevy header gaskets did you guys buy? I might end up doing the same thing cause i don't want this thing to come back and haunt me down the road cause i half asses it.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
koldfire08;1697345 said:
Still don't understand why people delete an EGR. That it steals power is nothing but a myth.

Many of the local guys here that have deleted theirs state that they did it to clean up under the hood a little bit and make it look better. Form, apparently, is more important than function. Keep your EGR. Toyota put it there for a reason.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
joel903;1697150 said:
Which small block chevy header gaskets did you guys buy? I might end up doing the same thing cause i don't want this thing to come back and haunt me down the road cause i half asses it.

Whatever was hanging on the wall behind the counter at O'Reilly. A basic gasket will work. Put the EGR plate on it, trace it, and cut away.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The only reason i would delete my egr (other than looks) is because if it gets stuck open and you go WOT, things start melting

Or so ive heard. makes sense atleast