ebony supra project. lowering it and paint. Lots of pics

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Generally speaking, I got mine FRP instead of CF... should have gone CF in retrospect.. simply because the FRP is majorly porous in comparison (or is it just me thinking that). Looks excellent, but you will have to modify a bracket to hold the driving/fog lights properly and there is nowhere to attach the undertray (the plastic below the engine that protects it from water and rocks while driving).
The other problem I found was attaching the bumper to the car. It doesn't quite bolt on the same way the stock bumper does (no place for the side bars inside the stock bumper) and the bumper pad fits in, but nothing is there to hold it.

All in all, those are just minor issues that you have to deal with. It fits great, looks great. So far, I have a small spiderweb starting from hitting the pavement while exiting parking lots (My car is not lowered yet). I have to do some work on how the bumper attaches to the car to lift it slightly or when I lower the car, I will lose the front lip in short order... lol.

Very pleased with it. Also, I will be repainting it next year because I didn't 3M tape protect it and it is a rock magnet.. lots of little chips that make me sad..

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
ok ladies and gentlemen , i have added obx headers. :) turn it up and enjoy, and yes i know this is nothing exciting for you turbo guys out their, but for us GE folks it is.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
NICE! Can't wait to get mine back from the coaters, what size is the outlet of the headers and what is your exhaust system? and the header formation, like do the pipes come from 6 into 2 into one pipe? sorry if it's been mentioned I'll edit it if I find it quicker than your reply

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
berto22;1841280 said:
New Zealand huh? wow, its crazy how are cars are everywhere in the world. Good luck with your parts man...

All the parts that are waiting to be installed :)
89+ wing. 89+ tails, fogs, ebc brake pads,
p1858063_1.jpg

Thanks, funny how you posted a huge pile of parts after saying goodluck to me! :cry:

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
ryansmith;1858057 said:
NICE! Can't wait to get mine back from the coaters, what size is the outlet of the headers and what is your exhaust system? and the header formation, like do the pipes come from 6 into 2 into one pipe? sorry if it's been mentioned I'll edit it if I find it quicker than your reply

Doesn't it sound so sexy??? The outlet I believe is 2.5 and its two sets of 3 pipes. I took out the cat converter. I honestly do not know what kind of muffler I have. My dad bought it before he gave me the supra. And the oem oxen sensor does not fit into the Obx downpipe. And it is also in t the end of the downpipe. So i have to get another o2 sensor and a much longer wire . So I am currently losing exhaust through the o2 hole until I get a new one. So it will sound and run even better when I get a sensor in there. And I wrapped the headers in dei wrap

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
ryansmith;1858057 said:

p1858073_1.jpg

p1858073_2.jpg

p1858073_3.jpg

nice and wrapped

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
ryansmith;1858090 said:
I see, 6/2/1 that is the same as mine, but what is the outlet size ? is it 2 inch or 2.5 inch, cheers

i am 95% certain it is 2.5. Its the outlet for the other end of the obx downpipe.The one that connects to the cat. You should have one(obx downpipe)

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Cool, my headers aren't the same as yours I got my from Australia and the system will be headers into 2.5 inch straight through one resonator in the rear with the 2.5 inch tail pipe sticking out I like your headers though they look great video sounds good too bet it sounds even better in person

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
ryansmith;1858093 said:
Cool, my headers aren't the same as yours I got my from Australia and the system will be headers into 2.5 inch straight through one resonator in the rear with the 2.5 inch tail pipe sticking out I like your headers though they look great video sounds good too bet it sounds even better in person

oh ok, and man you wouldnt believe how good it sounds. At least to me it does. You know since we dont have turbos, this sounds like sex to me. This will have to do until i do my 2jz swap... as soon as you have yours in you gotta post a vid up. and you know what, it sounds so good i didnt even have to do like everybody else and set my camera on the ground an inch under the exhaust... keep me posted

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
berto22;1858095 said:
oh ok, and man you wouldnt believe how good it sounds. At least to me it does. You know since we dont have turbos, this sounds like sex to me. This will have to do until i do my 2jz swap... as soon as you have yours in you gotta post a vid up. and you know what, it sounds so good i didnt even have to do like everybody else and set my camera on the ground an inch under the exhaust... keep me posted

Will do man I've been told just doing the headers makes the 7mge sound like a 1jz n/a so i'm super stoked, i'll post a video up asap then. For sure yours sounds great from the video and that will be no where near the sound in real life, keep it up... 2J you say? :naughty: