ebony supra project. lowering it and paint. Lots of pics

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
berto22;1841280 said:
New Zealand huh? wow, its crazy how are cars are everywhere in the world. Good luck with your parts man...

Yeah I have only ever seen 2 other mk3's in person other than that 5 or so on the internet located in NZ, thanks i sure hope they come before the supras next meet!
Damn i feel your excitement haha! keep the pics coming with your new parts

RogueCustoms

Custom Painter/Fabricator
Apr 7, 2012
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
berto22;1841280 said:
i ordered my front bumper from shine auto today. They dont have any in stock, they said it will take about a week to make. I am excited like a little girl. That is the last piece i need before i can paint my car.

All the parts that are waiting to be installed :)
89+ wing. 89+ tails, fogs, ebc brake pads,
p1841326_1.jpg

I have to say that you've done A LOT of work to your car!!! Kudos! :naughty:

When you go to re-paint your car. Put three good wet coats down. That way you can sand it flat and get the best look out of your paint. :biglaugh:

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
RogueCustoms;1841326 said:
I have to say that you've done A LOT of work to your car!!! Kudos! :naughty:

When you go to re-paint your car. Put three good wet coats down. That way you can sand it flat and get the best look out of your paint. :biglaugh:

Hey painter/fabricator that is awesome, you wouldn't mind if i asked you a couple of questions in the next couple of weeks would you? Now when you say sand it flat do you mean sand my base coats or my clear?

RogueCustoms

Apr 7, 2012
berto22;1841423 said:
Hey painter/fabricator that is awesome, you wouldn't mind if i asked you a couple of questions in the next couple of weeks would you? Now when you say sand it flat do you mean sand my base coats or my clear?

You can ask me ANYTHING. I'll answer your questions the best I can.

Given that you have already painted your car, I would want your.... Wait, are you planning on re-painting your whole car? Or just the new Shine front end??

RogueCustoms

Apr 7, 2012
IBoughtASupra;1841437 said:
When you guys spray the clear coat, do you give it a few minutes in between coats or just refill and go?

In all honesty... For me as a professional, it depends on the job. The hotter it is, the less time I would wait during coats. If you want the best possible outcome of your clearcoat you need to let the clear "flash" or gas off. If you trap too many gasses/ chemicals you can get a "cloudy" or yelloewed look.

To sum up, yes, "flash" time is a must. And you limit runs that you get too.

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
RogueCustoms;1841434 said:
You can ask me ANYTHING. I'll answer your questions the best I can.

Given that you have already painted your car, I would want your.... Wait, are you planning on re-painting your whole car? Or just the new Shine front end??

Im gonna paint the whole car again, my uncle let me borrow his 60 gal compressor. So i wanna take advantage and do it all over i know i could do better. I'm going to get a cf hood and i might be able to get it before i paint the car so not painting the hood will save me a lot of time and work... so now what you were saying about sanding it flat was that in regards to only the bumper or the whole car?

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
and me from research and experience you definitely gotta spray the next clear coat while the first is still wet/sticky. So don't wait too long

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
So i put in my new flex a lite dual, a friend helped with the wiring. It feels nice not seeing that ugly fan.. :)

p1841955_1.jpg

p1841955_2.jpg

p1841955_3.jpg

p1841955_4.jpg

p1841955_5.jpg

dont worry about the zip ties, ill put the brackets when i get time again. My car finally stopped overheating.

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
Suprizim TT;1842028 said:
I just went through this thread OP you have done a great job with your MKIII.
Thx man!! It feels good when other supra owners like the work I've done. So much work is left I want my body to be perfect and then of coarse I'm gonna try and start my 2jz swap this winter

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
RogueCustoms;1841969 said:
Hey Berto 22, pm your email and phone number. I can send you some pics and video of exactly what I'm talking about.
And yes, you do want the prior coat of clear to be somewhat tacky.

Hey Rougecustoms, you can call me Berto ;) pm sent

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
MK3Supra17;1843007 said:
Great job man, looks like a quality build! I especially like the car's stance. BTW how much of a drop is that from stock?
thx supra17 and jared. drop from stock? man honestly don't know, gotta be somewhere between 2 and 3 inches. I am having my fenders flared next week, so i will be dropping it a tiny bit more ;) also on a side note, i ordered my cf stout hood today OH YEAH. and i called shine auto on friday to pay for the spec g bumper they are making for me but they didnt answer. They dont want my money :( As soon as i get these two pieces its painting time :)

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
OK update time... My body project is on hold because i have enrolled in auto body restoration school i start in august, i will be painting ma baby in the schools shop. My shine bumper and stout hood are here...

p1852926_1.jpg

p1852926_2.jpg

p1852926_3.jpg
2jzgTTTTTe coming :)

p1852926_4.jpg

p1852926_5.jpg

p1852926_6.jpg

So here is the plan... painting classes start in january so hopefully sometime after that i will paint it.
I will be painting the car, bumper and oem 3 piece wing. I want my body to be immaculate.
I want to thank Rodel for helping me communicate with Shine and Ryan ( RogueCustoms) for help and advice with paint. Awesome people here!

berto22

I'm not a lurker i swear
Apr 21, 2009
chicago
Thx you sir. How has yours heldp up? I can't wait for school to start. I want to complete my supra already. Never thought I would be excited for school.
Grandavi;1852958 said:
I have that bumper on my car.. good choice![/QUO