ebc opinions

iceberg319

vvti, what?
Apr 6, 2005
NJ
www.cardomain.com
im in the market for a electronic boost controller to replace my mbc, so far im divided between the hks evc1 or the hks evc ez. i like the evc1 but its also much older than the evc ez

thanx

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
i have had four different boost controllers in this order and i like them from least to best in this order

turbo xs mbc-------it's a manual, suckd imo

greddy profec a----cool controller, fuzzy logic didn't like my car

blitz spec s--------awesome and easy to use, i didn't like the vacuum hose all the way in the cab though. but still a great controller

greddy profec e-o1-what an outstanding unit, 4 different graphs to look at, if you have greddy peak/hold guages, just tap one into this unit to monitor it there, tells rpm, boost. plus controls the e-manage (greddy's fuel computer)

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
well im running a slightly upgraded turbo (jt61gt) and whats nice about the evc1 is it holds the wastegate completely closed until full boost is hit, much quicker response than just off the wastegate or a mbc setup.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have a Profec B spec II right now, and I don't like it terribly much. It DOES have a lot of features, and it DOES do a very good job at holding boost, but I hate having to re-tune it for altitude and temperature changes. If it's -10C one day, and +5C the next day, my boost settings are all out of whack. I could set the limiter on the unit, and use that to control the boost, but to me that's just a half-assed way to compensate for temperature variations. Also the limiter defaults to 1bar every time you power cycle, until you hit a button on the unit. That just annoys me, so I usually leave the limiter off.

I'm currently looking for an EVC V to match my A/F Knock Amp.