Ebay's custom intake ????

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
What do you think about ebay's custom intakes? I took a look and ask a lot of questions to the sellers. They all said that i got to change the alternator emplacement( and thats makes me doubt about buying it). Some says that you got to lower the altern down (but how?). The only one, who sells a kit to change the emplacement, put the altern turbo side. I dont know if it will be o.k. for a big trubo. Thank you

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
They make alt drop down kits. I think bic and arz make them. I also recall but cannot confirm that it needs modification at the back because it hits the brake booster.

With the costs of moding it you might as well spend the extra couple hundred and get one from sethron. My opinion.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
get an alternator relocation bracket. They go for around 75 bucks for a used one. It just drops it down from the stock location to a lower one. You might need to relocate your battery to the trunk also if you are going to run a FFIM ( front facing intake manifold ) I will eventually do this myself.

Sorry hvy, you must have been replying the same time I was. Like hvy said. spend the extra cash and get a good one that fits so there is no mods needed to it.

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
Now where can i find a sethron ffim for about 500, because some says you can get one for that price. The only one that was looking like sethron's, was 1000

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
peer648;1526042 said:
Now where can i find a sethron ffim for about 500, because some says you can get one for that price. The only one that was looking like sethron's, was 1000

A used one ;) They pop up every once in a wile in the F/S section.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Ebay isnt a company, its a place where company's or individuals sell things. Youll need to be more specific on what manifold your speaking of.

Sethron sells manifolds in the 600-1000 dollar range depending on witch style you want. No place sells a new sethron manifold for less then he does because he hand builds and sells every one he makes. Used will be cheaper and is what your looking for, likely in the for sale section every once in a while.

peer648

Mar 4, 2010
Québec
Alright thank, Now i know that i wont buy any ebay's custom intake and wait to find a used one from sethron. I got time. (and "ebay's custom intake" for me means : custom intake's sold on ebay)sorry if my english is bad, i speak french.