Ebay Rebuild kits

supraman666

Mar 20, 2009
PAWTUCKET RI
If your talking about the complete engine gasket kit stay away. I have one in my car and it blew again after a year of normal boost and it wasnt my daily driver.

suprajay87

Jan 6, 2010
north east
yah i think. it is a complete rebuild kit pistons, rings, bearings, gaskets and water pump for around $300. too good to be true......?

suprajay87

Jan 6, 2010
north east
Which gaskets do you recommend? what's the difference with the 1mm 1.5mm 2mm thickness gaskets. do i need to get the block & head shaved that much?

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
suprajay87;1509548 said:
Which gaskets do you recommend? what's the difference with the 1mm 1.5mm 2mm thickness gaskets. do i need to get the block & head shaved that much?

It all depends on how much material was removed from the mating surfaces (aka block and head). However much material is taken off is how much you add to the HG. And if you do go with a metal HG then both the head and block need to be resurfaced.

3.0 GT

2JZ Holset Mafia
Nov 30, 2008
Franklin, Tn
i use the cns pistons, they are the same as stock, NPR. work great but a really bad detonation killed one of mine. not because of bad quality its just like any cast piston would hold out to bad detonaton.

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
fore the exhaust manifold gasket it Depends on which kit they send. I've seen a kit with a good quality exhaust mani gasket just like toyotas but the other set was a reg paper gasket. It's either a hit or miss on that one gasket lol.

fukkinfimbres

Feb 2, 2011
Prescott Valley
I'm about to go with an ebay kit myself but its from JIS. Can't believe the price is so cheap but they have a lot of respect from the honda kids. I'll keep you posted and get pictures up when i get everything. Also with it i'm getting the t67 turbo, manifold, downpipe, intercooler, and piping from CXracing, fidanza cam gears, and an aluminum radiator from GODSPEED. It's not much but its a start. Please let me know if you know of any trash on these products....