Ebay junk worth it?

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
I don't know about all the other parts. But the boost controller is a knock-off. my bro has one and he almost blew the engine when he turned the boost down according to the dial on the controller. and boosted 20+ on a stock engine unexpectedly. Wouldn't doubt it if the rest is crap too.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Just a quick list before I go:
-IMO 1.06A/R is to large, gonna be very laggy unless you have a very heavily built setup to help spool or are using nitrous. Basically not a street setup at all!
-No bead rolled pipes and usually thing silicone couplers, Also 2.5" is too small for that turbo, you would need atleast 3" for 1000hp!
-Knockoff/replica BOV
-KNockoff/replica wastegate, I have used
-Manifold looks to be the one that hits the oil housing, maybe wrong but my #1 runner is tucked more, again I run one of these on one of my cars. For the money you can't beat it but still not the best for flow!
-Turbo timer is again a knockoff/replica

Of course this is just my opinion and this is coming from someone who has used some of the stuff. As I recently learned, there are things that are vital, fuel/electronics that need to be perfect but you can use the knockoff stuff elsewhere if you choose. I personally think there are a lot better parts out there but it is always your choice. But don't expect any kind of warrantee or custom service what so ever. Also expect a good bit of custom work. Like it says not all fittings are included, but also, DP, intake, mounting IC, building the IC pipes, running all the lines, dump tube, oil and coolant lines....ect the list goes on. If you are interested and have the money to do it twice, give it a try and write a review I am sure everyone would love that!

Remember these are only my opinions!
Seth

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Ebay is not worth the money savings on new parts for our cars. You can find used stock parts there, but I wouldn't trust anything else, not even new name brand stuff. There is too much fake stuff on there. Buy from the vendors on the site, and spend a little more. It will save you money in the end.

***EDIT***The dude has 46 negative feedbacks in the last month!!!!!!

ndial2498

Jun 3, 2008
Medford
i agree, i use ebay if in need for stock or non moving parts, or occasionally i see a good deal for a major brand name and might throw down a bid. Basically if it cost's hundreds less than a normal aftermarket/stock part then u get what u pay for.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
ForcedTorque;1067440 said:
.......... but I wouldn't trust anything else, not even new name brand stuff.
***EDIT***The dude has 46 negative feedbacks in the last month!!!!!!

I think your 'EDIT' says it all.........
I have bought good name brand stuff off chinaBay,
You just have to watch who you buy from.

Typically, the good stuff is not sold by anyone selling the chinese shit.
So look at the seller's other auctions too.
If they have a bunch of GReddy look-a-like BOVs for $25,
you can bet that all they are selling is crap.

Good rule of thumb,
If something with an odd name brand is being claimed as 'JDM',
most likely it's chinese. (like XTD flywheels)

Old Option magazines are always a good source to ID JDM brands.
I have some dating back to the late '80s.
Helps to ID the good stuff from the junk.

suprahabsfan

Boost Addict
Sep 28, 2007
Sylvania, OH
sethron71;1067418 said:
Just a quick list before I go:
-IMO 1.06A/R is to large, gonna be very laggy unless you have a very heavily built setup to help spool or are using nitrous. Basically not a street setup at all!
-No bead rolled pipes and usually thing silicone couplers, Also 2.5" is too small for that turbo, you would need atleast 3" for 1000hp!
-Knockoff/replica BOV
-KNockoff/replica wastegate, I have used
-Manifold looks to be the one that hits the oil housing, maybe wrong but my #1 runner is tucked more, again I run one of these on one of my cars. For the money you can't beat it but still not the best for flow!
-Turbo timer is again a knockoff/replica

Of course this is just my opinion and this is coming from someone who has used some of the stuff. As I recently learned, there are things that are vital, fuel/electronics that need to be perfect but you can use the knockoff stuff elsewhere if you choose. I personally think there are a lot better parts out there but it is always your choice. But don't expect any kind of warrantee or custom service what so ever. Also expect a good bit of custom work. Like it says not all fittings are included, but also, DP, intake, mounting IC, building the IC pipes, running all the lines, dump tube, oil and coolant lines....ect the list goes on. If you are interested and have the money to do it twice, give it a try and write a review I am sure everyone would love that!

Remember these are only my opinions!
Seth

That would be a lag monster on a stock car

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
most complaints were delayed shipping but i think im just gunna go for an upgraded ct26 not to sure though i want to run around 400hp

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
suprahabsfan;1067685 said:
46 negatives!!!!??? isnt that grounds to be removed from ebay?!

Nope........
If you look at some of the junk sellers,
you will find some who get 100+ per month!!

But if a buyer gets 3 non-pays, he is booted off........

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Just to reitterate.

Ebay stuff like that is JUNK. You might save a few dollars now but your going to pay for it with blown turbo's, sticky wastegates and non functioning blow off valves.

Buy the right stuff, once.

Their are more then a few companies on here that sell great turbo kits for reasonable prices, please go with them before you blow your motor.

Oh and -46 feedback in a month is pretty bad too :lol:

mk3

Apr 11, 2008
Australia
i bought a ebay manifold...wasent at all what they showed, i re-welded it and added some support brackets and its a 1000000x better then what it was when it arrived. just be care full, just because they show that pic dosent all ways mean thats what u get.