Ebay AFPR!!!

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
bahaha :rofl: I must have missed those two posts when I did my ninja edit to my last one.

Sounds like a winning plan. Who needs a FPR anyway, let's just put another fuel pump in it's place. As Tim Taylor would say, "It needs more power!!" Augh, augh, augh!!

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
SevenMKIII;1035285 said:
Still not following... There is no way to raise fuel pressure if the last thing fuel sees before hitting the rail is the stock FPR. You could even install the AFPR in the feed line pre-regulator, but then once it hits the OEM regulator it's kicked back down to stock 30psi.

I'm not trying to bag on you, just trying to understand your logic. Please explain to me how an AFPR can raise fuel pressure from the return line.

The spring in the stock FPR is ~32-40 psi new. The worn out spring in my stock FPR allowed fuel to return to the tank at ~30 psi.

The FPR is basically just a little pop valve; when the fuel pressure rises to 30 psi, that's enough pressure to push the spring up, thus opening the valve and allowing the fuel to return to the gas tank.

HOWEVER

If you place a restriction (aka ebay afpr) in the return line, that would effectively KEEP the stock fpr in the OPEN POSITION allowing fuel pressure to build beyond that of what the stock fpr was designed for.

BOTTOMLINE

And it does work; as the zeitronix shows that it's running more rich through out the entire rpm band (as expected).

I'm not going to waste anymore of my time trying to convince people that it works. If your smart enough, you'll understand my logic. :icon_bigg

SevenMKIII

Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
You have to understand I'm not trying to split hairs, I clearly just did not understand your view on it. Now that you say that, logically it does make sense.

HOWEVER

People have blown the stock FPR...without trying to raise the pressure. Don't you think adding pressure on top of your "weakened" old FPR my be potentially harmful to your engine in the event of it blowing? Wonder what the fuel pulsation dampener is trying to do now that it has to dampen fuel coming in normal and being backlogged from the AFPR.

Just my $.02, I don't want to see a blown GTE over a simple fuel issue. Don't take this personally.

edit:
Rennat;1035319 said:
just curious... why do people call it an AFPR?

its not an air fuel pressure regulator...

its just a fuel pressure regulator...

Is that aimed towards the OP or are you actually asking? :ugh:

SevenMKIII

Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
My bad! I glanced at your post count and thought you were making a stab.

Yessir, it allows you to 'adjust' your fuel pressure via a regulator ha.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
SevenMKIII;1035338 said:
My bad! I glanced at your post count and thought you were making a stab.

Yessir, it allows you to 'adjust' your fuel pressure via a regulator ha.

i've used one before, i just installed one on an eclipse... just never really thought about them being "adjustable"... kinda like a boost controller, we dont call them adjustable boost controller... just a boost controller.

SevenMKIII

Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
Rennat;1035340 said:
i've used one before, i just installed one on an eclipse... just never really thought about them being "adjustable"... kinda like a boost controller, we dont call them adjustable boost controller... just a boost controller.

Ha but that would be funny if we did call everything by that. How is your adjustable air conditioning working? :)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
SevenMKIII;1035342 said:
Ha but that would be funny if we did call everything by that. How is your adjustable air conditioning working? :)

see what i mean? EVERYTHING would have an "A" in front of it... just one of those things i never understood i guess...

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Rennat;1035336 said:
you know, i never thought about the word "adjustable"... lol

it makes sense now. just one of those things i've always wondered...

bwahahaha nice lol. Don't worry i've had plenty of duh moments on this forum when it comes to abbreviations.

hmm....i've posted too much tonight, i raised my activity form 29% to 41% in just a few hours! lol

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
gofastgeorge;1035193 said:
Well, normally fuel passes through the injectors, that are controled by the ECU.

If the FPR diaphram blows,
fuel goes strait to the manifold via the vaccum/pressure sense line,
and in Great quantities !!

This is Very Bad when it happens.........

Yeah, I got that. I guess I only crack my self up. Where is your adjustable humor man!:biglaugh: