Ebay 7M silicone hose kits or suitable replacement?

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Hey has anyone ever bought the ebay silicone hose kit? pretty much all my stock rubber hoses are cracked and hard as rock. I'm trying to find a suitable replacement for said hoses, and this is the kit that has what I need, however it also has a lot of stuff I DON'T need... and its expensive as hell for just some hoses

here's link to said kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/25PC...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Also another issue I noticed is that some of pipes seem preformed (the hoses to and from stock BOV, the pcv hoses etc etc) so just getting generic hoses wont work that well...

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
I think I may just go out on a limb and get these for the benefit of the community. Browsing around trying to mix and match various shops so I get what I need without duplicates is a real pain.... Now I just need to count and chcek to see how many clamps of each size I need... and then head over to McMaster Carr for clamps =/ or driftmotion... we'll see.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Wow that's a cool set! If the quality is good it looks worth it. I see a lot of hoses in there that are definitely custom molded for the 7m like the PCV stuff as well as intercooler pipes.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
ugh I have searched and searched.... I can't find anyone that provides replacement piping for stock stuff... I would love to upgrade my intercooler with the driftmotion kit, but I still need all the molded piping up top ie pcv and bov (though upgraded ic means no more stock BOV...) Agh its a battle of maintaining stock or upgrading it all...

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
I actually was looking at that... and I emailed HPF to see if they could tell me exactly what the kit has. Upon further research it seems the Samco kit only replaces coolant and heater hoses, plus it's only a 10 piece kit. We shall see once I hear back from HPF

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
That has silicone replacements for all the IC pipes, NICE! While people will say to support our vendors, none of them carry something like that (though some of them may be able to get it at a better price)

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Well as for me... new breakthroughs, my BOV is stuck in the open position, so it is now more cost effective to upgrade with the driftmotion kit... I'll just have to find another way to fix my cracked PCV hoses... maybe generic ventilation hose will do the trick. Plus I need to find me a plug for the BOV port on the accordion hose.

89Turbo7M

BLUEBULLET
Jan 12, 2008
area 51
i have bought the kit in blue the quality looks very good i have installed some pieces not everything no fitment issues it is a very nice kit bought the one for 260.00

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Well, there you have it ppl. I have witnessed great customer service from the ebay seller, and now we have a member who says quality is very good!!! :D Clearly they are not ppl out to screw us mk3 owners over!! WOOT!!!! LoL Unfortunately, as I said before, I have already made my order with driftmotion for a whole new IC system. Can't freaking wait!!!

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
2zsvay0.jpg

2ry4l21.jpg

Quality is good. 2 out of the 25 hoses need to be shortened. All curves are accurate.

90mkiiisupra400hp

Mar 20, 2011
Gardiner, Maine
lithium14;1697846 said:
I actually was looking at that... and I emailed HPF to see if they could tell me exactly what the kit has. Upon further research it seems the Samco kit only replaces coolant and heater hoses, plus it's only a 10 piece kit. We shall see once I hear back from HPF
Good luck, let me know if they ever get back to you, I emailed them in the middle of January with the same exact question and I still haven't heard from them. Last I knew, that samco kit was made for right hand drive cars but all the hoses work EXCEPT the heater core hose I believe that is what I read, and I also read that IF you can get them over here it's like a 3 month wait. I am not sure if it's still like this but I kinda gave up and decided to eventually go through the dealer.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Hmm I have long since fixed my piping problems... but I can say that I have not heard back from HPF on that email either. I DID hear back from them when I asked why shipping a few gaskets cost over 50 bucks for shipping (the gaskets themselves were 12 bucks total) .. and got some bs answer... I ended up getting a full rebuild gasket set from driftmotion. Personally I think the ebay kit looks pretty good based on csr ma71's pics... btw can you tell us if that is 3 ply or 4??? ur picture is super blurry so I can't really tell