Earwax stuck... Cant hear outta my left ear.... help

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Happened to me once. I went to the doctor and they put some ear wax softener in my ear and then used a big metal syringe to flush it out. A big ball of wax came out...ew

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
if you have fluid in there get a tissue paper and roll the corner till its kinda pointy and guide it to the bottom part of your ear drum. i used to do this all the time after swim class. why dont you have someone look in your ear to see whats in there.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lots of people don't know how to use q-tips...to many people go as deep as possible with them. Not saying your one of them phoenix.

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
PROJECT N00b;1147429 said:
if you have fluid in there get a tissue paper and roll the corner till its kinda pointy and guide it to the bottom part of your ear drum. i used to do this all the time after swim class. why dont you have someone look in your ear to see whats in there.

IT WORKED!!!!!!! I Can hear again pretty damn well!!

I think my eardrum is irritated, but most of my hearing was instantly back!

Thank you! thank you thank you

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
i was just going to suggest shaving the side of your head and oil it up and use a plunger:sarcasm:

Who

Supramania Contributor
Q tips are a bad idea. All they do is push things further into the ear against your ear drum. In the meantime keep putting ear drops in your ear and you might get lucky and break up the goo. Stop using the Q-tips all your doing is packing the stuff in there. It can only come out one way. Good luck

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
good job! *cue the whistles and marching bands and kazoos*

for those talking about damaging the ear, I was told that it is *extremely* painful if you tear your eardrum, but i don't know that for myself (im only in first semester of nursing school)

EdT.Mk3

Sorta Secret Supra
Aug 21, 2008
San Diego
Oh wow, this thread was just kinda... interesting.

I shouldn't say it's nasty, cause I get sand stuck up in there for days at a time.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Peroxide has always softened up ear wax for me nicely.

That said, Q-tips are designed to clean the ear out - not to be shoved into the canal :)