EA2 Plug help A/C Wires

hockysa

Hey Guys,

The conversion done on my A70 doesn't have functioning A/C i thought it was just because the gas had run out but upon inspecting the wiring harness and plugs I found that 4 wires on the EA2 plug weren't connected to anything, they were simply cut and heat shrinked.

So not a huge issue but seeing as I want to use my car as a daily and weather in Melbourne, Australia isn't consistantly cold I'd like to keep my A/C running.

I've checked out two resources
here
http://web.archive.org/web/20060323191804/www.1jz-gte.us/92Supra6.html

and here
http://www.1jz.com/

But I'm having trouble understanding the wiring diagrams and the 2nd one also leaves those wires unattached

So if anyone knows how to wire up the A/C please let me know

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
The only wire you need for the AC in EA2 is the clutch wire. (Pin 9) The rest aren't used by the MA70 body. The clutch wire is connected to the single pin plug which is in the fuse box area that used to connect to the 7m compressor.

hockysa

JonoTurbo;1385931 said:
The only wire you need for the AC in EA2 is the clutch wire. (Pin 9) The rest aren't used by the MA70 body. The clutch wire is connected to the single pin plug which is in the fuse box area that used to connect to the 7m compressor.

clutch wire?

on the pdf it says magnet relay 3, is that the same thing?

and you wouldn't happen to have pics of which plug on the fuse box would you?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
hockysa;1386224 said:
clutch wire?

on the pdf it says magnet relay 3, is that the same thing?

and you wouldn't happen to have pics of which plug on the fuse box would you?

Yeah it's the wire which activates the AC compressor clutch when the relay is activated. It's pin 3 on the relay plug.

The plug isn't on the fuse box, it usually hangs down below it behind the battery, in that area. It's a single pin gray plug with a blue wire. Don't have a pic, sorry.