E36 M3 pulled from 40 - 140kph

Spec-DMK3

D-Spec
Jun 27, 2008
Saskatchewan
My buddy Bobbys freinds M3 was faster than i thought all i have to say is i lost and i cant take another loss to this car the first pull from 40k i was hitting fuel cut so we ran again and he pulled again i was on 10psi from 14 i feel so embarissed my modds are k and n intake greddy ultimate mbc 2.5'' cat back

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Fuel cut at 10psi? Check for boost leaks. These cars really wake up with a downpipe that replaces the turbo elbow and a 3" exhaust...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
It's not an M3 Euro is it? If so, it's pushing 286bhp. If it's a US market M3, only 240bhp. The US market e36's are slow, and you should have no problems at all beating them.

Spec-DMK3

D-Spec
Jun 27, 2008
Saskatchewan
i hit fuel cut at 13.5 too 14 psi sorry for the confusion then for the second race i dropped it down to 10 psi for the second race it still pulled on me though. i think my next modd is going to be a 4'' tubro back and an HKS FCD to bypass fuel cut then i'm hopping to walk on it.. It was an amarican M3 but i'm having trouble beliving it was stock it was quite agressive sounding to be stock

Spec-DMK3

D-Spec
Jun 27, 2008
Saskatchewan
Why do they flow the same or is just not worth the money? do you have any sug. for more power out of my supra one thats maybe unforseen to me

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Get a lex AFM and 550cc injectors, that way you can turn up the boost without fuel-cut. I have both if you need them.:icon_bigg

Spec-DMK3

D-Spec
Jun 27, 2008
Saskatchewan
That would be graet however i feel a FCD would be an asset just incase more so for peice of mind knowing i can boost more if for some reason i need too.. I'd like you 550's and lex afm though get back to me with what your wanting for them

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
carter;1447414 said:
lol you might wanna look through some of the threads and gather info before you start turning the boost up more sir. To do it safely anyway

+1

TS is braver than me. I wouldn't go above 9-10 psi on a stock headgasket. 14 psi is just asking for trouble.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Spec-DMK3;1447320 said:
That would be graet however i feel a FCD would be an asset just incase more so for peice of mind knowing i can boost more if for some reason i need too.. I'd like you 550's and lex afm though get back to me with what your wanting for them

Poodles;1447043 said:
FCD = KABOOM

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
FCD clamps the AFM signal. This prevents fuel cut as the ECU doesn't see the frequency required out of the AFM to cause it, but the engine is taking in more air. THis will end up with a lean condition causing damage.

It was never meant to be used by itself. It was meant to be used with the full suite of HKS piggybacks as a system.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
The FCD allows you to run more boost than the stock fuel system can handle. Fuel cut is your friend. So far, it has saved your engine.

Even an MHG with ARP's will not withstand detonation.

The MHG and ARP's are only part of what you need to safely run more boost.

The stock fuel system is good for around 14 psi. I say that loosely because every car is different. I was on the stock fuel system when I detonated at 15 psi and blew a head gasket.

You should also read up on the Duty Cycle of injectors. At 14psi, you're close to the danger zone. If not there already!

I would say leave it at 12 psi until you upgrade your fuel system. But hey...that's just some random guy on a forum giving advice...

Spec-DMK3

D-Spec
Jun 27, 2008
Saskatchewan
so with the FCD i can prolly run open turbo as well if there is no signal coming from the afm?? I can keep an eye on my a/f ratio i have an aem wideband i though it would prolly be a good investment lol

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Their is nothing wrong with using a FCD as long as your Air/fuel is tuned. For years I used the FCD to compliment my lexus AFM/RC550's and AFC. With only the LEX AFM and AFC, I could not turn the boost higher than 19psi before hitting fuel cut. With the FCD wired in, I could hit 29psi. I had a nice 511rwhp tune at 24psi with the FCD in place.