Dynoed my AT (all-trac)

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I was able to dyno my AT today.. Too bad it wasn't cooler like it was earlier in the week. It was probably 95-100* in the room :( My results aren't too bad, was hoping to break 200awhp, but my boost wasn't holding.

p1031843_1.jpg

p1031843_2.jpg

The red line is stock boost (8-9 psi).
Green line was supposed to be 1bar but it only boosted ~ .85 (~12 psi)
Blue line I tried to just get it to hold 1bar on the top end setting the duty up, but failed. It spiked 1.18 bar (~17 psi) and fell to ~.85 bar (12 psi)

If I could of gotten a solid 1 bar pull it would of made over 200.. oh well.

I'm positive I have a boost leak as well. The coupler at the throttle body is ripped so I'm sure it was leaking (on the way over to the dyno was testing the boost, and sometimes it was leaking bad, not building over 8 psi till 5000+ rpms).

I'll be ordering that coupler peice and my AEM EMS on Tuesday.. we'll see how a good tune and no leaks compare.

My mods are Turbo Back exhaust, HKS FCD, and a AVC-R Boost controller

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Excellent. :) I love those cars. I'd be very interested to see your numbers after you get a tune and new coupler on it. My buddy had a Celica GT-S with the 3sgte swapped in. That was a nasty little car until black ice took it out (and over a guard rail. :()-

After that, he got an AT and dropped the old motor in it. It was a fun little car! :) I've always wanted one.

I edited the title of the thread a bit so people would know what AT is. If that's a problem, shoot me a PM and I'll change it back immediatly!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Damnit Justin, that thing makes more torque than my 1j does..............:3d_frown:

:icon_bigg

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
in 2 weeks I'll be going to the 1/4 mile to run it. I will run it on the stock ecu before swapping to the aem.

Today tuned the avcr to run 17 psi, and it pulls nicely. Will run it on stock boost, 1 bar and 17 at the track and see how she does. I probably wont launch too hard, dont want to replace the clutch yet. Still will try for a sub 2.0 but no 1.7s or anything..