Dyno App on Android

SupraPieces

Nov 23, 2011
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Just wondering if anyone has used any of the dyno apps on their android phone and how it compared when rating HP and torqe to actual dyno tests? I have it on my phone and without inputting all of the necessary information like weight, length, wheelbase and other characteristics it seemed to be pretty close to what I believe I have. 243hp 261tq. Seems reasonably close. Anyone else ever try any of these that have actually had their cars dyno'd, just out of curiosity?

SupraPieces

Nov 23, 2011
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Lol... forgot to mention that.. the phone needs to be at a perfect angle (side-side and front-back)... when I bought the otter box case and holster for my Evo4g, they accidentally shipped me two of them... since I didn't need two and I use my phone as a gps (ever since my gps quit working) I took apart the holster and jb welded the cradle piece to my old gps suction cup mount... pretty trick if I do say so myself.. but any squeeze phone mount would work

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GrimJack;1790770 said:
I'd give it a try as well, but there is no way I can get traction until summer, and I doubt it's very accurate when faced with wheelspin.
This system would be based on accelerometers within the phone for playing their little games, wouldn't it? Would be neat if it worked, but I think consistency is going to be iffy, not to mention how this isn't the smartest thing to test on public roads haha...

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I've used DinoDyno with some success in the past. The curves tend to come out pretty good for mapping the power band vs. rpm, but to get anywhere near accurate horsepower numbers it has to be almost drag strip smooth. My buddy's S13 Silvia with just intake and exhaust on it phone dyno'd @ 176hp with a guesstimate on the weight within 100lbs of actual (knew what it was without me and the driver and a few loose articles in the back). Did it with a 2nd gear pull. Power figure sounds about right for the car, but it's never been on a real dyno, so I can't compare for sure.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
radiod;1797880 said:
Power figure sounds about right for the car, but it's never been on a real dyno, so I can't compare for sure.

No :icon_razz

I would imagine that would have been a tad low, SR20DET stock makes 202hp at the crank, add the intake and exhaust and the extra 1 - 2 psi of boost because of them and I would think it should be sitting around 180 - 185hp at the wheels. But who knows for sure, like I said, it never went on a real dyno and a couple years ago someone decided to hit him from behind and total the car.