Dylan's How-To: 5.25" Front Speaker Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
There are countless threads both here and on SF about installing bigger speakers in the front, but not enough solid info. Here's how I did it with the idea from MK3Trent, the car sounds great now:

http://gallery.sanitylapse.com/v/supra/Front+Speaker+Install+1-21-06/

normal_DSC_3488.jpg

normal_DSC_3506.jpg

normal_DSC_3508.jpg

Last edited:

Milenko

Mar 31, 2005
Mifflinville, PA
Awesome write-up. Do you think there's any problem with so much of the speaker being covered up by the metal part of the door?

It looks like there's a little bit that could be trimmed away and still allow for the speaker grills to be clipped on.

-Milenko

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
Short answer, go right ahead, see if it makes a difference for you. I think it soudns great loud or soft, and the eq levels don't seem to change with volume.

Long answer - ask an audiophile (puke)

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
its amazing that I see this and Im doing the same thing right now. I just used 1/2" plywood but the shape came out almost exactly the same. Im just not happy with the the angle of the speaker when attached to the plywood. its like facing your lap on not pointed up towards your ears like it should be. Im thinking about trying to make an adaptor out of 22 guage steel so I can get that angle back. Ill let you guys know if it works. Hope I didnt take wind out of your sail face.. Looks like you did an awesome job, and props to you and eveyone out there who takes the time and initiative to better their MK3's. It gives everyone in the community incentive to keeping raising the bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.