jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
NDBoost said:
its time to figure why your spraying OIL all over the place

LOL...that would be an outstanding idea :aigo:

And I'd check your oil level if I were you...like right now.

N

NDBoost

Or hes got failing rings or valve seals damn pcv system...

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Rings, causing excessive blowby, causing excessive oil vapor in pcv system, thus depositing it in the intake tract, and then through the intercooler pipes, intercooler itself, then out the bov. so yeah... rings. ;)

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
supra90turbo said:
Rings, causing excessive blowby, causing excessive oil vapor in pcv system, thus depositing it in the intake tract, and then through the intercooler pipes, intercooler itself, then out the bov. so yeah... rings. ;)

Are we talking about something like this.......Oil coming through that Metal pipe at the top of the Pic.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
supra90turbo said:

doh!
:icon_bigg

monkihead

driven to thrill
Jul 23, 2005
texas
can't be rings, engine has 70-80k miles on it. turbo has 175k++ miles.

already pick'd up a spare turbo for 100$. has 30-40k miles on it. no shaft play.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
monkihead said:
can't be rings, engine has 70-80k miles on it. turbo has 175k++ miles.

already pick'd up a spare turbo for 100$. has 30-40k miles on it. no shaft play.

I'm guessing here, but I assume that you bought a JDM motor? If so, it very well could be the rings. For all you know, that person that dropped the car it was removed from at the junk yard it was *harvested* from could have dropped a bucket of sand in it before hand.

Moral of the story: don't assume, troubleshoot!

monkihead

driven to thrill
Jul 23, 2005
texas
its not a jdm engine. it didn't need the oil pan gasket or timing belt but i wasn't about to chance it.

so ya'll feel that having small sprays of oil coming out of my bov would be rings? usually oil will burn at idle to mild throttle and letting off. leaving it to rings and valve seals to investigate.

cartman

7m powa
Jan 29, 2006
Chilliwack
did you ever leave your oil cap off and forget to put it back on? I've seen that happen before and the oil sprays up onto the hood blanket and drips down in weird places.