dumb autometer gauge

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
te72;1841935 said:
I get that you're upset, but ranting really won't help fix anything about your $25 boost gauge that isn't working, now will it? If something minor like this sets you off, I'd hate to see your posts after you blow up an engine...
He seems like the kind of person who would not change his oil, blow up his engine, and then complain about what a POS his engine is.
-AM3

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
If you call autometer, they will probably send you a new gauge with no hassle. They have been known to be good about this kind of thing as long as you aren't a jerk on the phone.

That nut on the back holds the fitting to the gauge housing, it's not some magical nut that recalibrates space and time. They probably don't want people to mess with it cause there is no reason to unless you're taking the gauge apart, which voids the warranty. It doesn't need to be very tight, just a little more than finger tight. That's just the way they are, it won't come loose.

The usual reason for a gauge to read drastically wrong is because it was dropped HARD. I've seen parts like that used to play hockey (as the puck) in a parts chain store I used to work in. Next time mail order it from a reputable place and don't buy some teenage counter jockey's makeshift sports equipment.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Yea, we're almost there...

high.jpg

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
planemos;1842018 said:
stfu. I'm not. sm is becoming sf
Yeah, because we keep getting members like you. You chose not to follow the directions on your gauge, and now its broken. Whining because its broken and saying the gauge is a POS isn't going to solve anything, but it does say a lot about your maturity level.
-AM3

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
ive had numerous autometer vacuum/boost gauges and never had a problem
my spare autometer was dropped numerous times; read accurate all the time
heck i let a friend borrow it and he dropped it into his radiator fan while it was running full force
been working ever since lol

take it back to the store and tell em its busted

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Sometimes things can be fixed. I thought maybe someone had taken apart a gauge before and knew how to fix this issue. Guess not. Ya'll fail. I win. Just changed my oil thanks for reminding me haven't changed it in like 9 months it was really low like touching the L is that ok?