Dual blow off valves

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
I'm curious about them, I would think that it would be similar to the straight twin turbo setup, not necessarily adding power but would allow more airflow, correct? but why would you need that when the ordinary is already doing its job?

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
its simple math.... 2 bovs = twice as loud = twice as fast

haha but ya if one cannot move enough air than people use 2 or just one larger one

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I ran 2x type 3 Turbosmarts on mine as the T04z's are surge monsters

icpipes18.jpg

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
Someone tell me if this is good or bad, stock valve is still doing its normal recirc job and i redid my piping on the cold side of the I/C and put in a pipe from my old car that has a 1st gen DSM valve on it i believe. It seems to run fine and is still getting that metered air from the stock valve, is this and okay thing I got goin on here?

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
Skeezix;1656858 said:
Someone tell me if this is good or bad, stock valve is still doing its normal recirc job and i redid my piping on the cold side of the I/C and put in a pipe from my old car that has a 1st gen DSM valve on it i believe. It seems to run fine and is still getting that metered air from the stock valve, is this and okay thing I got goin on here?

pic would help clarify.

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
I just took a picture trying to insert it now

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Okay here is my setup, is this alright?
attachment.php

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
If you stock valve is leaking boost then remove it, just cap the port on the 3000 pipe and run a hose from your dsm valve to the turbo inlet hose.

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
It's not leaking boost at all it's just i couldn't find a good hose to recirc the DSM and also trouble finding something decent to cap off the 3000 pipe. I had it set up like that though and sometimes when you would rip it and let off it would not seem to recirc properly and the car would sputter down to 500 rpm then kick back up to idle. Now I have it set up as in the picture and it seems to work good.