DSM guy thats now a Supra owner

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
Hey Guys,

My name is Justin. I'm a Store Manager for Express Oil Change in Huntsville, AL. I am a first time Supra owner, but definitely not a newbee when it comes to turbo cars. For the past five years I have been very big into the DSM world. I have owned 2 AWD and 2 FWD turbo DSM's. My current one is a 1992 Plymouth Laser RS AWD. It makes 350+awhp and is a low 12 second car on an EVOIII16g. I have done all the work myself on all of these including the engine build in my current car. I won't get into any more specifics unless someone just wants to know...

Now on to the good stuff...

I have wanted a Supra for a while. Since I am entirely too poor to afford a MKIV I have been eyeballing MKIII's for quite a while now, just looking for "the deal I couldn't pass up". Well I finally found my new project.

1991 Turbo 5-speed (bone friggin' stock)
"White" package
116,xxx original miles
All the goodies (TEMS, leather, etc.)
Body is excellent with only 2 small dings on the drivers fender (no rust)
Interior is good with only 1 tear in each front seat. Perfect Dash, all electronics work including TEMS.

The car had a BHG about 6 years ago and has been sitting ever since. The original owner didn't ever getting around to fixing it and sold it. The person that purchased it pulled the engine, had the head and block machined, and attempted to start rebuilding it in his garage. What he failed to do was have the crank turned/polished so he couldn't figure out why the bearings didn't Plastiguage out correctly...lol
So needless to say he got frustrated (and broke) and listed the car on Craigslist. I rented a car dolly, drove 11 hours each way and picked it up for only... should I say it... $950.
It will be a tax time project as I will be buying parts when I can until then and finishing it off when Uncle Sam gives me back some of the money he raped me out of.
I'm trying to researcha as much as I can but have a few questions that I have not been able to find answers to that I will post in the correct forums. So any help would be appreciated.

For the first time (and I'm sure not the last),
THANKS GUYS

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Welcome to the party, bro!
DSM's are great cars, but I like supras better (obviously, since I'm on the supra forums almost every day and haven't been to a DSM forums in years), and I think you'll be well pleased. White packages are great looking cars, so awesome buy! Just make sure you hang on to the stock white wheels, even if you decide to upgrade them.

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to having something to run on the highway, as anyone who knows AWD DSM's, knows how much they suck from a roll...lol

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
Well guys, my girl did call me GOD last night, so I may as well stay in character... "Ask and ye shall recieve"

Wait... maybe that was DOG... Damn dislexia... Either way heres the Supra followed by the Laser in the next post.

Attachments

• Supra 1.jpg
    Supra 1.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Supra 2.jpg
    Supra 2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Supra 3.jpg
    Supra 3.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Supra 4.jpg
    Supra 4.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Supra 5.jpg
    Supra 5.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 18

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
Heres two more... Sorry, taken on my Blackjack, so not the best.

Attachments

• Supra 6.jpg
    Supra 6.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Supra 7.jpg
    Supra 7.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 7

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
And the Laser

Attachments