Drop-in LED Headights

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I remember seeing a post a while back about some, but they didn't look anything like these. The JW Speaker LED's have high and low beams built into the housings as well as daytime running light. They're available with either a black or chrome innner bezel. They look pretty cool, but at over $1100 a set, I honestly don't see too many MKIII owners running out to get a pair.

http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/headlights/model-8900-5x7-rectangular.pdf

89001_1.jpg

JW-8900B-5T.jpg

[video=youtube;uiQdDGivFY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uiQdDGivFY0#![/video]

Personally, I'd love to see someone rock these on an MKIII. Sadly won't be me since the funds won't allow.

Last edited:

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I've been holding out on headlight upgrades for a few years because I want a lasting and high end upgrade. A high quality LED upgrade would be perfect. $1100 for a pair though..... ouch.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
yhatzee89;1941641 said:
I dont think those are DOT approved, HIDs aren't even DOT approved in some cities/states so LEDs might be in the same boat

They are in fact DOT compliant. Forward to 7:15 in the video and he talks about it.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
suprarx7nut;1941637 said:
I've been holding out on headlight upgrades for a few years because I want a lasting and high end upgrade. A high quality LED upgrade would be perfect. $1100 for a pair though..... ouch.

What burns me is even though the housing is aluminum, the lens is plastic. Freakin plastic?!! Are u kiddin me?!!!! If I was spending almost $600 a piece, I'd be royally pissed if they yellowed after a few years.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
MarkIII4Me;1941642 said:
They are in fact DOT compliant. Forward to 7:15 in the video and he talks about it.

I stand corrected! I must have skipped over that part

But DOT compliant doesn't mean DOT approved... But I'm an HID guy so who am I to judge lol

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
Just FYI for those worried about plastic lenses and yellowing over time, its REALLY easy to remedy that issue with putting clear bra film on your headlights. It takes nothing away from the light output of the lights and in 3-5 years when they start to yellow a bit, just take off the film and put on another one.

I did a projector retrofit to my 2011 F-150 (before damn Ford decided to have projectors in 2013 models!) and just put the clear bra on each light so that when and if that does happen, I don't have to worry about them yellowing and taking anything away from the expensive lights that I put in there.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
^
That's a really good price. I've seen a thread with those a while back. Definitely let us know how the light output is. I personally like the Speaker LED's strictly from an aesthetic point of view as they give the lights a very modern look. But at more than double the price the trucklite's you bought, it's tough to justify.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Very interesting.
I was looking to mod my headlights for low profile, but i might get lazy and just do these if they produce a good view field.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
the price is ridiculous, id rather save up and get the nsx housings and just do hid.

we have led's comming out in our semi trucks at work these days and theyre damn bright...but for the cost, hid still gets my vote for the time being