Driftmotion Turbokits

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
Hello ladies and Gents. I currently have a 1jz motor in my supra and my turbos are starting to smoke:3d_frown:. My question is, do any of you guys run this kit on your cars? If so what's the quality like? I am not looking for ansane power, and I don't race. I dont have alot of money and I don't want to buy bits and pieces twice. I just want to get my car running properly. Your help is greatly appreciated.:icon_bigg

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Torque;1260202 said:
Hello ladies and Gents. I currently have a 1jz motor in my supra and my turbos are starting to smoke:3d_frown:. My question is, do any of you guys run this kit on your cars? If so what's the quality like? I am not looking for ansane power, and I don't race. I dont have alot of money and I don't want to buy bits and pieces twice. I just want to get my car running properly. Your help is greatly appreciated.:icon_bigg

Are you talking about the single kit? If so everything is pretty standard in quality and its a good choice if you're looking to get a complete kit and not source everything out.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm wondering the same thing myself... I mean, you can't beat that price with a stick. The turbo I was looking into (PT6262) is about $1400 ALONE. Gonna run the twins for a bit just to get the car moving and to get a feel for both twins and single... but definitely going single at some point soon!

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i have the DM 60-1 1JZ kit. havent installed it yet, waiting for the spring time.

i will post my results as soon as i get everything installed and tuned.

everything i received looks to be quality, was packaged very well, and includes everything you need.

all youll have to do is find an o2 sensor, have someone weld up the down pipe to your exhaust, and make a lower IC pipe.

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
I've sent an email some time ago to Driftmotion for T67 turbo kit...but
with only difference should be for a 2JZ...:sarcasm:
I think they should swap only the exhaust manifold and it's good to go!
But they never answered me.

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I'm putting the 67 on my car right now. U will need an o2 beng for stonk sensor, plud I've had to use my 4lb 'massager' ok the fender. The ac lines and hydro fan lines are in the way but ats just a lil pita, not much. Will post more after work, on blackberry now.

pnutcar

Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
87M-GTE;1260800 said:
Im going to buy the DM67 this summer also, I'd like to hear what you have to say about it.

-Sam

The construction is very nice. Comes plug n play sans the stock 2 bolt o2 sensor. Dp has 3 screw bungs for aem type sensors. There just isn't much room bt mani, shocktower, and lines. More ltr w pics.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SupraClaou;1260624 said:
I've sent an email some time ago to Driftmotion for T67 turbo kit...but
with only difference should be for a 2JZ...:sarcasm:
I think they should swap only the exhaust manifold and it's good to go!
But they never answered me.

I also emailed Aaron on Friday about the subject of being able to use just the kit with a different turbo, but I also haven't gotten a response yet. Probably busy I imagine...

I was told on the AZSupraCentral forum that the kit is pretty good quality, but to double check the welds on the manifold :)

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
I agree, you can't beat that price with a stick. Espesially now that funds are tight. I would also like to purchase this kit in the summer also. Let me know how your installs go.
Also, do anyone have a picture of a dyno sheet of a T67 on a 1JZ. If you do could you please post it up. Thank you

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Torque;1261044 said:
Also, do anyone have a picture of a dyno sheet of a T67 on a 1JZ. If you do could you please post it up. Thank you

Pm 'phoenyxinferno' on here. Used to be my roommate, tuning that thing was fun haha... Anyway, he had his dyno'd last April, I believe it was. 331@ 12psi I believe, on a T66. :D

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
That power band dont look half bad for only 12 psi, thank you. If anyone have anymore feel free to post them up. I was gonna opt for the 60-1, but a friend of mine said that it was too small and I would get tired of it pretty fast.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Torque;1261144 said:
That power band dont look half bad for only 12 psi, thank you. If anyone have anymore feel free to post them up. I was gonna opt for the 60-1, but a friend of mine said that it was too small and I would get tired of it pretty fast.

Ive been quit happy with my T66, granted there is lag but its not as bad as everybody thinks. Mine is a .68 hotside and sure some can beat me off the line but once Im in full boost its a different story, and the freeway/roll there is no competition ;)...

pnutcar

Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
A few pics of the install. Notice how the a/c line is pulled away from the body and not parallel like it should be. There are a few spots that had to be hammered to make due. You can't clock the turbo to be more away from the shock tower because the housing hits on the mani itself; I left about 1/2'' space between the mani and the housing just to have as little contact as possible.

My setup is going to be this, precision fmic, hard pipes, tial bov, and 264s.

Sittin' pretty
l_271f3cedf8cb446aa07319575fe44e4c.jpg

Just a mock up
singlefilter.jpg

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Zerocool;1261130 said:
Well that isnt my Screen name on here :p...

Haha, sorry about that one... Your car was always fun man, it was great smoking you off the line, then hearing WW3 coming up fast from behind :p

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
How about the 60-1, anybody have a dyno sheet laying around that they are willing to post. Even though friends say "its too small".