DriftMotion Turbo Kit O2 Sensor Question....

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey guys, I installed my DriftMotion turbo kit that David had put together for me when he worked there. The down pipe that shipped with the kit does not have a flange to mount the stock O2 sensor. It does have to screw in bungs that I can use, one for the stock O2 sensor and the other is for wideband.

My question is, how am I supposed to get a three wire O2 sensor that screws in there and then how am I suppose to wire it up to the stock O2 sensor pigtail? Thanks, Andy.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
A mustang 5.0 has a 3 wire o2 sensor. 2 same color wires are the heater wires, the 1 different color wire is the signal wire. I believe this is the same idea as the stock wiring harness.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
So I would just need to cut and match the wires up to the the stock pigtail? Anyone else with other suggestions? Thanks Fletch. I will check my local parts store for the O2 sensor tomorrow.

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
Go with the Mustang 5.0 sensor around an 88 model and you'll be fine.

IBoughtASupra;1453364 said:
So I would just need to cut and match the wires up to the the stock pigtail? Anyone else with other suggestions? Thanks Fletch. I will check my local parts store for the O2 sensor tomorrow.

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
on the topic of o2 sensors and turbo outlets...2 questions, i have a full 3" already that bolts to the stock outlet (i read theres tons of power to be had from changing the outlet, but i havnt found just that piece, its the entire downpipe which id then need to adapt to what i have.) any links on where i can find one, and which is cheaper but will still get me to the 400+ mark?

second, if i get a wideband before the outlet, will it still fit in the stock bung?

and a third, im planning on getting the driftmotion 57 trim turbo in the next couple weeks...they seem like the best mk3 parts depot, but hows the workmanship these days? is the 650 im going to pay really going to last me or do the rebuilt/modded turbos wipe out fast?

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
I bought a driftmotion 57trim CT26, completely horrible. Motor was competely fine with old turbo, then changed it to the new 57 trim and it was smoking at idle and on decel sometimes.
Brand new valve seals, great compression on a newer motor. I called Driftmotion to ask their opinion, and they basically told me I didn;t know what I was talking about and that my motor was garbage and that was the reason for the smoke. My motor had less than 3000 miles on it at the time, full build. Not very happy with that one, they were rather unwilling to admit that it was possible that they made a mistake when rebuilding the turbo.

Sorry for the rant, I used to buy stuff from them all the time, but no more.

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
So on this subject, If I want to monitor air/fuel mixture, I need to use a 2nd sensor in a separate sensor hole? I am seen the SS elbows that have both OEM and 2nd for wide band... is there a way to add one to an elbow that does not have a 2nd hole... Thanks