Driftmotion Pulley Set...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
Any idea if the crank pulley is suppose to stop at this point? It doesn't seem to want to go any futher. All of the other pulleys work great, though...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0306092139.jpg
    0306092139.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 221

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know, I have NEVER heard of an aftermarket crank pulley doing anything other than fucking things up... On ANY car. I suggest you pay attention to the huge red letters post above ;)

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
ATI also has one for the 7M that is highly praised around here, and slightly cheaper than a new stocker. It will bring the Bling Factor that you appear to be searching for. I don't say that in a derogatory manner. Both the stocker and the ATI will set you back $400+.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
^ Well put. I have no idea why someone would opt for a "lighter" and shiny crank pulley. Toyota engineers made it the way it is for a reason in order to balance the engine. Just get a chain for that crank pulley and put it around your neck. Hahaha

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
10secdream;1265892 said:
^ Well put. I have no idea why someone would opt for a "lighter" and shiny crank pulley. Toyota engineers made it the way it is for a reason in order to balance the engine. Just get a chain for that crank pulley and put it around your neck. Hahaha

I used the stocker. I'll save up for the lighter, more functional one later. I also have the alt, ps, and waterpump pullies.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Oppie1;1265905 said:
I used the stocker. I'll save up for the lighter, more functional one later. I also have the alt, ps, and waterpump pullies.

Unless your crankshaft pulley is falling apart or you are planning on building a high HP motor the stock pulley will be more than suitable?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
This thread is hilarious.

Did he ask anything other then if the pulley is on far enough? And yes, once it bottoms out on the timing belt pulley, it's on far enough.

Show me a JZ engine damaged from a lightweight crank pulley, or gtfo.

Status
Not open for further replies.