Driftmotion Manifold turbo Oil drain

Hey guys looking for ideas on how to do the turbo oil drain with the driftmotion manifold. It doesnt look like the turbo sets high enough to run it into the stock drain location. I have the -10an flange for the stock location. Pictures would help to. Ive been searching for 2 days now and cant really find much on this.

I don't have that driftmotion manifold but I think mine is quite similar. First was planing to use AN10 line for the drain. Was going run the drain line to oilpan since my turbo sits quite low and AN line wont bend properly so could drain to block. Then had a hard time to get the AN flange to fitt between compressor housing and manifold. Could not turn the compressor housing in that position that wanted so ditched the AN line.

I made a hard line from 19mm steel tube and run it to block. It has about 80 degree bend so it descents towards block.

AN10 line
P3301241.jpg
P3301239.jpg

Hard line
P8202827.JPG

I cant really tell, it looks like the same manifold. I like how you did it, ive been thinking about going the same route but then I read about one person (dont know if it was supra or not) used this drain line for a cummins.
turbodraintube.jpg

Its 21" long and is a factory drain line for holset. Im unsure if it will fit BW turbos or not tho I think it will. Its kind of expensive at $40 some odd dollars

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
holset and bw use the same drain flange just not inlet. that isn't going to change the angle required to get it to the stock drain though. your braided line should work. my buddy has been using one on his compturbo i think its a 5858. heres a pic he took. ideally you don't want any flat section but it should be fine. then again his is ball bearing and the center section of the turbo has a built in orifice. so with a bw thats journal bearing theres a lot more oil flowing through the turbo. the safe thing to do would be to run it to the pan so theres no chance oil will ever back up. thats how my na-t is my drain is like 2ft long lol

I dont know how.. I just installed mine that same way and it seems to go up after going around the manifold. Im gonna shorten the hose about 1/2" and see if its better. I hope so, If I pull the motor again its definitely getting a pan drain.

Last edited: