Driftmotion IC Kit Piping

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
Just installed driftmotion's 7m ic kit and found that the piping runs right over the turbo. Is that ok...? Do I need to heat wrap/ find a heat shield (still got ct26)? Would that help enough
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
kotu100;1750342 said:
i would at least put the heat shield back on.

what he said. and also epect that knock off BOV to go out in the next 500mi the heat from the turbo will make the Diaphragm melt inside. Causing it not to open and then comes compressor surge and bad turbo.

Im running a real HKS in the same sopt for about 6k miles now and no problems but i still want to move it down to the air filter

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Don't have the heat shield, but I'll look out for one. Didn't even think about the bov. What do you think about wrap, should I wrap that section of piping??

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
yup. i've gone through 3 BOVs. all knock offs... Ive heat wrapped my DP, the intake charge pipe itself. put the oem heat shields back on. Nothing helped. Im getting compressor surge this moment. Thank goodness i got my MK2 back up. Thatll let me save money to go a different route.

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
So if I purchase a non knock off bov like TiAL or HKS etc., I should be good on heat there and thus avoid the surge from failure? Does anybody know how long the brand name bovs tend to last here?

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
yup the exact thing happened to my BOV, but it was a real hks. bad turbo surge........ had to put the origional blowby back on, fixed the problem, but no more cool hissing sound :(

89gte

Regular
Apr 26, 2011
Tennessee
thanks for the replies. i think i'm going to relocate the bov underneath my car and wrap the piping and find a shield for the ct26. i just can't believe i paid more for the driftmotion kit, which said it was direct bolt-on; however, the intercooler had to be fabricated in and now the piping has to be adjusted (although the IC is sweet).