Drifting the hoopty video

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Yeah, the course was as I drove it (The video cuts in on the 2nd half of a figure 8 at the beginning) then the course moved to a "chicago box" (where I lug it a bit in 2nd) to a slalom, and then the big freestyle area where I did two horse-shoes (technically was supposed to stay close to the center cones at the end but that's not much fun:))

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
DAMN that car sounds MEATY!!!!

I love it jeff! Your car looks just like mine ( except for suspension and wheels)...so cool!

You should of seen my 50mph drift at the Nashville Z car meet....I impressed everyone and myself....

drifting is just cool. :love:

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Jeff nice run.

What motor & susp. mods do you have?

Your car looks sooo nice and "flat", not all rolled over when drifting. I know my harness bar can't be making that much of a difference.

:p

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
MDCmotorsports said:
Jeff nice run.

What motor & susp. mods do you have?

Your car looks sooo nice and "flat", not all rolled over when drifting. I know my harness bar can't be making that much of a difference.

:p

Haha, thanks.

The engine was refreshed 20,000 miles ago with a HKS 2.0mm MHG, port & polish with 5 angle standard-sized valves. Turbo is a very worn (20,000 miles) 60-1 ct26. Ported exhaust manifold, ported turbo elbow (gasp, i know), 3" elbow-back exhaust (no cats/muffler), K&N intake, HKS bov, HKS FCD, and Greddy Profec A.

Drivetrain: Fidanza flywheel, Spec Stage 2 clutch, and welded NA 4.3 rear end.

Suspension: Modified rear swaybar (pinched ends and drilled new holes for the endlinks allowing for stiffer adjustments), HKS coilovers with JIC coilover springs (18kg/mm front, 10kg/mm rear), strut tower bar, MDC harness bar.

Brakes: OEM rotors with Porterfield pads, Goodridge lines, Motul 600 Fluid, and the "Project Supra" Brake Master Cylinder Brace.

Footwear: MKIV tt front wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires (245/45/17). Sawblade rears with Federal 595 Supersports (225/50/16)

Interior: Corbeau Forza on Corbeau base & sliders, A/M boost gauge.

Here's another video from the same day, this time with me spinning quite a bit more: http://smvideos.suprapics.com/index.php?fileid=530c83b22d91cdda825b8ef4847dbb71