Drift motion power steering line leak!

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
i have a leak in my power steering pressure line, where the fitting meets the steering rack, i can't tighten it any more and fluid keeps seeping out, there is a copper gasket between the coupler and the steering rack, did i need to put thread lock, teflon tape, or some sealant on the fitting first? any advise would be great!

281643_2137182822952_1047567115_2489574_641148_n.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
From that pic the crush washer looks to be off center.

Maybe try removing and installing a new crush washer. Havnt had any problems with mine.

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
alright, after i took this picture i had loosened the fitting and slid the washer back to center and the leak was still there, i didn't know it was a crush washer, that means it isn't re usable? does anyone know what size it is? so that i can get a new one? thanks very much guys!

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Yep, once they crush to a certain shape, its very hard to make them seal correctly if they didn't seal 100% to begin with. All you need to do is bring the fitting to a hardware store that has an assortment of copper washers and find one that fits the fitting as well as seals to the rack. Kinda tricky, but it can be done :)
You might also be able to talk to Aaron and let him know what's going on- he's likely to help you, being the good guy he is (in my experience)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
need the right copper crush washer. dont reuse old ones. teflon tape is a pure nono. no silicone or anything~ unless of course you want to keep it leakin ;) and there is never a pour in fixall.