Drift Motion NA-T Kit

It's not nearly as easy as doing an NA-T on let's say a 2JZ, but it has been done. But it might be more cost effective (long run) just to do a GTE swap.
Try searching around, I believe it's in the FAQ or stickies somewhere around here.

slow_yota

Gotta Pay To Play
MK3er;1488683 said:
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-7mgect26softlinekit.php

Has anybody ever used this before? Im thinking about buying it for my new 1986.5 Supra. I know a bit about the 7mge and 7mgte but havent got to tear one down yet. Anybody know what kinda of instilation difficulty this is? Thanks to all who can help.

Wow, that seems really reasonable.
I have no info on it, But I can tell you DM
def is not the fastest shipper.
I ordered about $300 worth of misc
items about 3 weeks ago..
I received ONE of the about 6 items today.

MK3er

Jan 1, 2010
Ohio
I read the na-t sticky and it was a bit confusing on the non swap conversion but after checking a few websites ive decided it will be easier and more reliable to go withb the swap. now, can anybody help me find a 7mgte condition is not much of a problem i plan on a full rebbuild with new cames valves and pistons.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
slow_yota;1489271 said:
Wow, that seems really reasonable.
I have no info on it, But I can tell you DM
def is not the fastest shipper.
I ordered about $300 worth of misc
items about 3 weeks ago..
I received ONE of the about 6 items today.

i ahve reciecevd the couple of things in less than a week both times but i lived in la soo..

op check the for sale section. jdm motors suck.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Keep in mind, some things may not be in-stock for same day shipping. I have only ever had issues with DM when that occurs. Otherwise, I'm in VA on the East Coast and I usually get things from them in 3-4 days. Now when I ordered my oil squirter bolts (the ones with the springs), that was a whole different story. They came from several different warehouses, spaced out. Sorry, I've just never had issues with Aaron, he's been awesome so far.

As for the na-t or gte swap... unless you plan on going 2jzna-t (which is awesome! been there, done that), then just buy a 7mgte. It is NOT worth the headache to do a 7mna-t swap. Trust me, I just finished my gte into an N/A chassis swap and I am SO glad I did it that way.

MK3er

Jan 1, 2010
Ohio
took all your advice and got almost all electronic parts from bkcressida for jjust shy of $450 now saving up to get block, head, and turbo. Thanks for the help!

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Not a problem man. It is by far the best route to go. Make sure to get everything machined too. You won't regret spending the money on the right stuff.

On that note, after this weekend I may have a gte head/cams available. I will let you know.

I also have a gte oil pump, but it may need a rebuild. I will let you know what I have left after this weekend.

kmfdmk

Old School Cool
I put this kit on when I replaced my blown CT-26, definitely worth the trouble of installation (when it's in/on the car). It wasn't easy but it wasn't overly difficult either. I ended up doing it with the Front Right tire removed & the vehicle on jack stands. Not sure if I *should* have but I put FIPG between the block & the gasket for the feed & drain, and FIPG between the gasket and the adapter flange. Haven't had any problems with leakage and I've been running it since September and have about 12,000 mi plus.

As for DriftMotion's quality and shipping, whether shipping to Ohio/Kentucky area or to Portland/Vancouver, WA area I have ONLY ever had excellent service and I've been dealing with them almost exclusively for 7M/Supra parts (though I have a MKII) since 08, when I first bought my pistons, rods, turbo, BOV, and tons of other goodies.

If you've got problems just call Aaron and he'll get you straightened out. Always does for me, even answering after hours on weekends... like when he's grocery shopping.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
kmfdmk;1492481 said:
I put this kit on when I replaced my blown CT-26, definitely worth the trouble of installation (when it's in/on the car). It wasn't easy but it wasn't overly difficult either. I ended up doing it with the Front Right tire removed & the vehicle on jack stands. Not sure if I *should* have but I put FIPG between the block & the gasket for the feed & drain, and FIPG between the gasket and the adapter flange. Haven't had any problems with leakage and I've been running it since September and have about 12,000 mi plus.

As for DriftMotion's quality and shipping, whether shipping to Ohio/Kentucky area or to Portland/Vancouver, WA area I have ONLY ever had excellent service and I've been dealing with them almost exclusively for 7M/Supra parts (though I have a MKII) since 08, when I first bought my pistons, rods, turbo, BOV, and tons of other goodies.

If you've got problems just call Aaron and he'll get you straightened out. Always does for me, even answering after hours on weekends... like when he's grocery shopping.

Yes sir, DM for the MFW!

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
I think you are much better off just purchasing a GTE. As far as driftmotion goes I highly recommend them. I have talked to Aaron several times over the phone and he has always been more than happy to answer any questions. If you still want to purchase the kit I would just call him and discuss your situation with him.