DREADED CODE 41. Wont go away. First startup issues too.

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
The Supra fired up!
I wiggled alot more wiring. I unclipped and reclipped the Ignitor harness plugs, I unfastened and then refastened both ecu grounds, I re-wrapped alot of wires with electrical tape. I replaced the EFI fuse, Replaced both fuses under dash (even tho they looked good) Pulled the ignition relay out plugged it back in, and the ignition circuit breaker pulled and reinstalled. Then the previous owner put a large Subwoofer fuse in the power battery line, and the ends of that housing were burnt (from touching something to ground) so I replaced that fuse that ALSO looked good, andddddd now it fires.

It will actually run pretty smooth, but the throttle has to be WIDE open for it to fire. and then it revs way up, I get scared let off the throttle and it chokes out and dies. after starting it WOT, i can use my big toe to hold it just a smidge and I can get it to semi idle. Missing every now and then, but a way better idle than I've had the previous 2 start ups a couple months and weeks ago.

My wideband stays pegged at 22.4 during startup and during this revving/"idleing" procedure. That leads me to believe its a false reading. If I do not open the throttle WOT when starting it will crank for days and it smells heavily of gasoline. Which leads me to believe I am pig rich not lean?
The Wideband sensor is on my downpipe. The downpipe has a 90* RIGHT off the back of the turbo, it drops straight down and then another 90* to my exhaust. The stock 02 is at 3oclock about 2 inches past the first 90 degree (by the turbo), the wideband is also at 3oclock but down just before the lower 90* where it connects to exhaust.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
aheroicrevolt;2052816 said:
It will actually run pretty smooth, but the throttle has to be WIDE open for it to fire....My wideband stays pegged at 22.4 during startup and during this revving/"idleing" procedure.

WOT cranking leads to a very lean start by design.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
aheroicrevolt;2053180 said:
back to hardly firing today. I am done with this thing.
It's headed to a Tuner that's going to figure stuff out, I appreciate the help guys.

Toyota Motor Sales is largely run by Americans and they do a lot powertrain development/testing on the other end of the state with the rest of the automakers.