Drag video from Friday night.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Well this is the first of I hope many videos I am able to make of my car. Been a 4 year project and its finally coming together.

My friend and tuner Bill convinced me to take to the track after some low boost road tuning. So we hit the track on Friday night to have some fun.

All videos are at 11psi, we were able to go from 104mph on the first run to 110mph on the 3rd with a bit of tuning after looking at the logs. Its still rich but we did not want to push it with out being on a dyno. We tried upping the boost later on in the night but out fueling up there was out of whack so we kept it at 11psi till the dyno and water/meth are in.

Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAtrGO3p7sY

Turn it up the GoPro camera is quiet.

Last edited:

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
GrimJack;1350459 said:
Nice job J! What are you using for tires? You've cut some wicked 60 foot times on street tires before, knock some of that rust off and you're going to be knocking on 11...

Well I have done lots of 2.0 -1.9 60 foots on the tires I had on on Friday I think my problem was I forgot to lower the pressure.

The tires are Kuhmo SPT's 235/40/18, may go back in a week or two and see if I can get a 12 at 11psi on the street tires. I will also by then have a hi boost pump + water/meth tune. So I will give that a shot too.

I have a set of 26x11.5 15's that I have not run yet, I want to get front runners first.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Did you say it dyno'd 385hp at 11psi? Very impressive. I plugged your trap speed and approx weight (3900lb?) into this calculator http://www.rpmoutlet.com/dyno.htm and it estimates your hp to be 362 (perhaps average overall hp, not peak?)

I plugged my trap speed of 114 into it and it estimates 462 hp. However, I could not beat my previous ET of 13.2 on a 57 trim CT26 with the 4.10 Torsen diff. When I ran the 13.2 I was going through the traps high in 4th gear, whereas with the 3.9 back in, I only got half info 4th going through the traps. I can't help but think the the 4.10 or even 4.30 diff ratios are the only way to get really fast times, but will kill the street manners with overly fast shifting and wheelspin on street tires. Either that or an auto.

The 2nd calculator on the page suggests an ideal ET for the HP level. With 462hp I "should" be able to reach 11.96 but not without an auto. Seems to be too much trouble to try to build an ideal street car that also runs fast at the track.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
tekdeus;1350645 said:
Did you say it dyno'd 385hp at 11psi? Very impressive. I plugged your trap speed and approx weight (3900lb?) into this calculator http://www.rpmoutlet.com/dyno.htm and it estimates your hp to be 362 (perhaps average overall hp, not peak?)

I plugged my trap speed of 114 into it and it estimates 462 hp. However, I could not beat my previous ET of 13.2 on a 57 trim CT26 with the 4.10 Torsen diff. When I ran the 13.2 I was going through the traps high in 4th gear, whereas with the 3.9 back in, I only got half info 4th going through the traps. I can't help but think the the 4.10 or even 4.30 diff ratios are the only way to get really fast times, but will kill the street manners with overly fast shifting and wheelspin on street tires. Either that or an auto.

The 2nd calculator on the page suggests an ideal ET for the HP level. With 462hp I "should" be able to reach 11.96 but not without an auto. Seems to be too much trouble to try to build an ideal street car that also runs fast at the track.

I was at 378whp at 5000RPM on the dyno, I was not able to take it any higher in the RPM as I had a plugged fuel filter that did not show till I was on the dyno.

No idea what kind of power its making now, I know for sure it has a 12 in it as its stands. I'm going to the dyno on Sunday and will know more then. My next time to the track I will do a couple runs at 11psi tuned again and see if I can get that 12 on 11psi just for the fun of it. Then well see what its got with more boost and water/meth.

My car is 3480lbs with me in it.

I think I may have damaged something in the drive train in the last run with the axle tramp. I'm going to get it tuned and go from there.

The next time at the track it will not look as good as it did on Friday lol.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Turbo Drifter;1350732 said:
I was at 378whp at 5000RPM on the dyno, I was not able to take it any higher in the RPM as I had a plugged fuel filter that did not show till I was on the dyno.

No idea what kind of power its making now, I know for sure it has a 12 in it as its stands. I'm going to the dyno on Sunday and will know more then. My next time to the track I will do a couple runs at 11psi tuned again and see if I can get that 12 on 11psi just for the fun of it. Then well see what its got with more boost and water/meth.

My car is 3480lbs with me in it.

I think I may have damaged something in the drive train in the last run with the axle tramp. I'm going to get it tuned and go from there.

The next time at the track it will not look as good as it did on Friday lol.

Wow your car is 500lbs lighter than mine and still a targa? Should be a monster at 20+psi with meth. My stock 7M at 21psi breaks my 295's loose in 2nd if they are not warm (even with the weight of lots of gas, meth tank, subs, and battery in the back). Any more TQ and street traction would be no fun.

I had the same rough wheel hop at that track and it completely separated the front diff subframe crack. I'm currently relying on the rear diff bolts to hold it all together!:aigo:

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
Nice job man, car sounds great. Cant wait to see some vids of 20+ psi and elevens ;) Whats your suspesion and drivetrain set up in the video? lipp traction bars, 1pc ds, detactable front sway bar?

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Nice run! Get those DR's or slicks on there and run some great times. I have the same size on my car, you can see them in my sig, MT 26x11.5x15.

Tekdeus, you should be running high 11's with 450rwhp. I ran a 12.6 @ 113 letting off the last 120 feet because of BHG and only 400rhwp. So a good clean run should've been a low 12. My car is full weight as well.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
sounds nice but also sounds like you have wheel hop. going on there :(...
I've got nothing but problem on my mk3 now.. not sure why it's over heating and not making the same boost it used to make.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I had wheel hop real bad a while back. I changed to the LIPP bars and that helped a good bit, but once I changed to the MT ETstreets..........wheel hop was a thing of the past.

I love your camera.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Yes I hope the ET's fix the wheel hop, I found out that the ones I had lines up got sold on me. I have a change to get some 275/50 15's ET radials but I'm not sure how they will hold up.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I will need to wait a bit for the full kill runs I had problems on the dyno yesterday.

Stay tuned.

Jeremy

p.s. 11psi on the dyno = 385whp.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
ChrisC;1352264 said:
Nice job man, car sounds great. Cant wait to see some vids of 20+ psi and elevens ;) Whats your suspesion and drivetrain set up in the video? lipp traction bars, 1pc ds, detactable front sway bar?

Stock traction arms, 1pc steel DS, stock sway bar connected, and coilovers.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
Hey Jeremy, I have some new ET streets with 5 passes on them. You could rip a few more on them to get your time, as they are just sitting in storage collecting dust...lmk..

:)

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Hey Don! Thanks for the offer but I got a set of 275 50 R15 ET Street radials for it. If I am still having problems with traction with those I will take you up on the offer.

Jeremy

p.s. Car was on the dyno Sunday ran into more fuel pressure problems. Turned out I had a Faulty FPR. Made 466whp @ 15psi before I had problems. At 11 psi I am tuned to 390whp. When we put it on the dyno (same as it was at the track) it made 368whp.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
VanSupra;1355738 said:
Hey Jeremy, I have some new ET streets with 5 passes on them. You could rip a few more on them to get your time, as they are just sitting in storage collecting dust...lmk..
What rims are they mounted on? Any idea what rims I'd need to clear my rear Mk4 TT brakes? I'm guessing I'll need a 17" MT ET street.

By the way, are the ET streets bias ply? It didn't say on their website.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
tekdeus;1356872 said:
What rims are they mounted on? Any idea what rims I'd need to clear my rear Mk4 TT brakes? I'm guessing I'll need a 17" MT ET street.

By the way, are the ET streets bias ply? It didn't say on their website.

I Think you will need minimum 16" rims to clear the MKIV rear brakes. Problem with running 17" DR is that they have very little side wall to take shock off the Drive train.

The wheels I have on the 15" DR are V6 mustang rims.

ET Streets are Bias unless you get the Radials like I have.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Turbo Drifter;1356874 said:
I Think you will need minimum 16" rims to clear the MKIV rear brakes. Problem with running 17" DR is that they have very little side wall to take shock off the Drive train.

The wheels I have on the 15" DR are V6 mustang rims.

ET Streets are Bias unless you get the Radials like I have.

I tried Duane's sawblades, but they hit the calipers. I suppose I need a custom very low offset wheel in a 16" perhaps..

Does Mission raceway let you mix bias & radial tires?

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
tekdeus;1356948 said:
I tried Duane's sawblades, but they hit the calipers. I suppose I need a custom very low offset wheel in a 16" perhaps..

Does Mission raceway let you mix bias & radial tires?

You will need to get some low offset Welds or something in 16" for sure, you have the fenders for it.

I have run Bias and Radial there, I would not recommended it though there a hand full at the top.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
Turbo Drifter;1356785 said:
Hey Don! Thanks for the offer but I got a set of 275 50 R15 ET Street radials for it. If I am still having problems with traction with those I will take you up on the offer.

Jeremy

p.s. Car was on the dyno Sunday ran into more fuel pressure problems. Turned out I had a Faulty FPR. Made 466whp @ 15psi before I had problems. At 11 psi I am tuned to 390whp. When we put it on the dyno (same as it was at the track) it made 368whp.

Lmk anytime dude. Glad you figured out your fuel pressure issue.

Brad they're on saw blades.