Downed rider with lifeflight

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
This is way off topic.

Well, I started my new job today with a buddy of mine that I've known for years. He got me the job. We both rode our bikes in today and he went on break before I did. On his way back he was going thru the red light in front of our work when some chic on a cell phone pulled out in front of him when she ran the redlight. He t-boned her and was thrown over the car. It broke his Right elbow and forearm, and compound fractured his right tibia. He was lifeflighted to chattanooga for surgery on his leg. Safe to say when my break came I took my bike home. He had an 05 CBR 600RR and the impact was so hard that it ripped the forks completely off the front end. Please keep this fellow rider in your prayers.

Titus

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
xxxotiknightz said:
This is way off topic.

Well, I started my new job today with a buddy of mine that I've known for years. He got me the job. We both rode our bikes in today and he went on break before I did. On his way back he was going thru the red light in front of our work when some chic on a cell phone pulled out in front of him when she ran the redlight. He t-boned her and was thrown over the car. It broke his Right elbow and forearm, and compound fractured his right tibia. He was lifeflighted to chattanooga for surgery on his leg. Safe to say when my break came I took my bike home. He had an 05 CBR 600RR and the impact was so hard that it ripped the forks completely off the front end. Please keep this fellow rider in your prayers.

Titus

Darn....that sucks! Hope he gets better and keep us updated...

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
An acquaintance of mine was in a bad wreck earlier this year when an idiot pulled out in front of him. He broke his neck and ribs (luckily he has recovered), but his wife was dead at the scene. Unfortunately at the time a friend and I were riding by the accident right after it happened and didn't know who was under the white cloth in the road.
I have no desire to ride a motorcycle on public roads.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Damn, I'm almost glad I put my bike up for the winter.

After a few cold days people forget that the bikes are still out apparently. PEOPLE NEED TO KEEP THEIR EFFING EYES OPEN.

Could have been a lot worse than a busted leg and arm though.

I still cannot understand why people will just stop riding after a friend/relative/w/e are killed on a motorcycle. It never works that way for cars. Keep your eyes open and you should be fine.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Tell him we are pulling for him.. Sometimes I want my Harley back and sometimes I dont..

So did she at least get a ticket for being stupid! I use my cell phone when I drive but I still pay attention..

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
JMDigital said:
Tell him we are pulling for him.. Sometimes I want my Harley back and sometimes I dont..

So did she at least get a ticket for being stupid! I use my cell phone when I drive but I still pay attention..

I don't know. But while he was screaming waiting for the ambulance she sat back in her car and laid the seat back to finish her conversation.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
That's messed up mate, sorry to hear :(

This is why I am glad it is illegal to use cell phones here... Cops pull people over and issue tickets for using them all the time... Annoying sometimes, but when things like this happen, we're reminded why it is...

A

ArthurRitus

Fuckkkkkkk, i hate hearing shit like this,,, but did you say your friend ran the redlight or the chick?

n his way back he was going thru the red light in front of our work when some chic on a cell phone pulled out in front of him when she ran the redlight.

If he flew over the car, im assuming HE ran the red light and she didnt,

ANyways, god bless, hope he gets well.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
xxxotiknightz said:
I don't know. But while he was screaming waiting for the ambulance she sat back in her car and laid the seat back to finish her conversation.

Now THAT is fucked up. If I was a bystander, I would probably drag the person out so they had to listen to the other person screaming.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Wow sorry for your friend and i will pray for him.
I was i a head on wreck with my bike at 120 mph and flat lined it 4 time so i know what he has to deal with.:3d_frown: 1 year in the hospital and 3 months in therapy to learn how to walk again sucks so i hope he recovers soon.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
xxxotiknightz said:

That would make me angry...I seriously would beat the shit out of that person right there, right then if I saw that happen!! :mad:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Clueless said:
That would make me angry...I seriously would beat the shit out of that person right there, right then if I saw that happen!! :mad:

Break the phone in half and shove it down her stupid throat.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Az has made talking on a phone (unless its hands free) illegal. This is the kinda thing that should make all states do the same. I dont see why people have to talk on the phone while driving.

I love to ride but the other people out their just ruin it.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
holy hell srry to hear about that, hope hes ok.

OT from thread, do you go to Tech, and drive a silver soop?

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
D34DC311 said:
holy hell srry to hear about that, hope hes ok.

OT from thread, do you go to Tech, and drive a silver soop?

No, I don't go there anymore. Both my supras are black. I work on jefferson at the carwash next to veterans blvd. Unfortunately I just live here, i have no other excuse.

Titus

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
xxxotiknightz said:

need to be going after her for "failure to render aid," could be a nice civil case right there...

don't think a judge or jury would take ANY excuse to do such a thing...

xxxotiknightz

Boomer
May 23, 2006
NORCAL
www.cardomain.com
Poodles said:
need to be going after her for "failure to render aid," could be a nice civil case right there...

don't think a judge or jury would take ANY excuse to do such a thing...

I'll make sure to point that out to him. I'd say being a soldier will help him too. People in this area are really big on military support. We had a store go under cause they refused to serve military personel. :biglaugh:

Titus