Down (the band) live June 24th!

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
I'm sure that there are at least a few of you guys that have heard of Down before. For a brief history, they play what's considered "NOLA Sludge," which is a blend of Sabbath-inspired classic metal and southern rock/metal. The members are Phil Anselmo (singer), who is most well-known for being the lead singer of the former Pantera; Pepper Keenan (guitar), who is the lead guitarist and singer for Corrosion of Conformity; Kirk Windstein (guitar) who is the lead guitarist and singer for Crowbar; Rex Brown (bass) who played bass for Pantera; and Jimmy Bower (drums), who plays guitar with Eyehategod, Superjoint Ritual and The Mystick Krewe of Clearlight.

So yeah, I was supposed to go see them in Dublin, Ireland on June 13th, but due to circumstances that were out of my control, it didn't happen. No big deal.

Anyway, I found out about 4 or 5 days ago that they're doing a show in beautiful New Orleans, LA (aka NOLA)-their hometown-on June 24th. After realizing that going by myself wouldn't be the greatest decision, I got a good buddy of mine from La Verne, CA to meet me here in Houston (I'm on vacation visiting another friend) and go check it out with me. This is a once in a lifetime chance for me and they're my first choice out of any modern band to go see live. It's going to be fucking insane and I'll be sure and take a bunch of pictures and [attempt to] post them on here.

Yup, I'm just really excited and thought I'd share that with you guys.

|m|

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
lol,, bringing out the old school. i use to listen to DOWN.

I'm still trying to see "Horse the band"

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
Down indeed embraces the old school side of metal and they do it like nobody's business, if I do say so myself. They don't have the "typical" kind of heavy, if you get what I mean, but they're stuff is extremely heavy in my book. There's no need to try to melt everybody's face by shredding if you can reach such a level of heaviness with slow(er), sludgy riffs.

"The power of the riff compels me!"