Door Lock Cylinder INTERCHANGEABILITY ??????

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I would like to know if anybody has any information on door lock cylinders. I have a 2002 Celica which has no drivers door cylinder usable to me. Since I bought the car a year ago, I have to open the passenger door to enter the car. My key won't even go into the cylinder in the door. I do have several MKIII door lock cylinders, and I'm wondering if they are the same before tearing into my door to see. None of the local auto stores carry them, rock auto doesn't show any part for the door on either car (I find that odd). I googled toyota parts, and the genuine Toyota parts site would only answer questions instead of showing me parts. I guess I may have to just pull the parts and see, but maybe somebody knows. I would appreciate any information you could give.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
What do you mean it won't fit the Celica? That is the exact one for a 2000 Toyota Celica. Sorry I did it for the wrong year.....body styles are the same so it will fit.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I just tried to find one for the 02 and you are correct nothing shows up. But as long as the chassis code is the same then it will be fine.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Funny! I pulled up the link again, and it brought me to a whole different switch. Last time, it said sorry, it won't fit. So I tried finding the 2002. This time it is different, and the picture looks nothing like the Supra switch. Saving that page, and checking local store, THANKS

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Are you trying to find one that you can use in both cars? Or just to replace the one in the Celica? You won't find one to fit both cars unless you have one specially keyed for them. That is weird that it sent you to a different spot. I have clicked on that link like 4 times now double checking myself and it takes me to the lock each time. hmmmmm

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Trying to replace the Celica lock, and hoping a Supra cylinder would fit it. If it would, I'd have it re-keyed to fit my car, just as I would have to do with a new one. The cylinder in the Celica now, my key won't even let the tip of the key in. I'm not sure what they did there, but it looks like it should be there from the outside.

First time I went to the link, it took me to an $11 switch, but said it would not fit......WEIRD