Dont know where to go from here!?

HatchSex

Ma70
May 5, 2007
Jacksonville, NC
I have $5000, three engines: two 7mge's/one 1jzgte, both the w58 and the r154 transmissions. I have a 1989 supra N/A with no motor. The 1jzgte came from tigerjapanese with the r154 attached, it also came with half a wiring harness, both turbos, and an alternator. Both the 7m's need rebuild. What should i do? :1zhelp:

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Sell it all and build a 7MGTE. And with that 5K cash, you're not out of reach from a 2JZ getrag swap. I know local shops that will do the swap for around 7500 with a year warranty on everything, including hg's.

Check around. That's if you want that, I would build a nice 7MGT and use the rest on the supra in general :)

HatchSex

Ma70
May 5, 2007
Jacksonville, NC
Yea there is a local shop here (Majestic Motorsports, Jacksonville NC) the owner has a white 1200hp MKIV supra. I was gonna have them do the swap for me, shouldnt run more than $5000 right? But then installation fees hit me and a new exhaust, computer, driveshaft, wiring, clutch, etc... I dont think i have enough i wish there was someone in the local area to throw me a hand, just to get as much of the mechanical stuff done as possible. I've only swapped in a 7mge into a car that already had one in it, i have no buisness doing this on my own. Thats why i've been asking for SM's advice.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
If you install the 1j with r154 then all you need is the turbo driveshaft from a typical supra...people sell those all the time for cheap! Then get a standalone like a stinger and a wire harness from driftmotion...

Tear appart the 1j and inspect bearings n such...rebuild if needed....put new seals in....then with that stuff done then tow car to a place to wire it up....you should have plenty left over to tune the stinger.