Don't buy cheap brake pads!!!

gotsomegetsome

Age Quod Agis
Mar 31, 2008
san jose
Please feel free to contest me on this,

But I think that it would not make much of a difference on your brake's ability to stop after they are heated up. Assuming there is some WD-40 left over, then breaks still work on two properties. Abrasive and adhesive energy transfer. At higher pressures, temps, the pad and disc actually begin to literally fuse atomically, thus completely wavering the ability of any lubricant to create a more slippery environment. However, lubricants will cause potential impurities in this semi-pad, semi-disc fusion material, making it weaker. But I just wanted to throw that out there, its not just that oils are lubricants. And its not just energy transfer by friction or abrasive energy transfer.

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
Just an update, the SS7231AX pads worked just fine. So if your autoparts store tells you they only offer the cheap line of brakes for your 86.5 to 88 model, tell them to give you the ones for an 89'. Mine are working great.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Rotors, calipers, and pads are interchangeable over the years (USDM market only, JDM also had a smaller brake package so YMMV)